Author Topic: When and where do I see the Marshaller on Ladder?  (Read 10106 times)

Von Rondstadd

When and where do I see the Marshaller on Ladder?
« on: March 19, 2016, 12:11:35 pm »
Hello,

I use the PMDG 777 and watched a video from Matt Davies arriving at EDDM Munich at gate 207A and did see the Marshaller on Ladder!

- go to frame 1:11:50

Bought scenery Taxi2Gate EDDM and used PMDG 777-200LR

Tried it yesterday myself but did not see the Marshaller on standing on the Ladder but Marshaller standing normal on the ground!

I downloaded the latest full installer Contains all Vehicles updates.  Last updated 1-jan-16

Only differece is I use FSX with AES and Matt Davies P3D!

So my question is why didn't I see the Marshaller on Ladder but standing on the ground?

Where and when do I see the Marshaller standing on a Ladder

Is there a setting I missed or a setting in the aircraft CFG?

Regards Robert
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:34:26 pm by Von Rondstadd »

Firstpon

Re: When and where do I see the Marshaller on Ladder?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 03:33:17 am »
Wow great!!!! I want marshal stand at ladder too  I wait for answer.........

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 10:06:15 am »
The Marshaller will stay on a ladder IF the program assume there MIGHT be a building behind him, so you might not see him. If the program assume there will be enough space behind him, he'll be on ground.

The assumption is based on:

- The position of the eyepoint in the cockpit

- The parking radius

- Whether the parking has a jetway or not. This might be an issue if the 3rd party scenery you use doesn't have proper FSX jetways, so GSX cannot possibly know there is a jetway there, so it will assume it's a parking in the open.

Of course, this won't affect JUST the marshaller ladder, but also the appearance of different ground vehicles (the passenger bus and the front stairs won't appear on a parking with a jetway)

That's why, if you believe the 3rd party scenery you use doesn't have proper FSX jetways, you must first configure all parkings that have fake/non-standard jetways, to indicate there's one, since GSX cannot otherwise detect them automatically, which is what it does when the scenery has proper FSX jetways.

Von Rondstadd

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 07:31:31 pm »
Thank you Umberto for your reply and explanation!

One thing is not clear to me, Matt Davies and I use the same adson scenery T2G EDDM Munich and airplane PMDG777 arriving at the same gate 207A.

He gets the Marshaller on Ladder and I not??

I did use everything the same he did in the video.

Regards Robert

P.s. tried it at 209A and did not work but 212A worked, strange?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:57:20 pm by Von Rondstadd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 02:09:32 pm »
One thing is not clear to me, Matt Davies and I use the same adson scenery T2G EDDM Munich and airplane PMDG777 arriving at the same gate 207A.

Something must be different in your setup. Either the AFCAD, or the eyepoint position in the VC or the plane configuration. For example, the plane WEIGHT might affect the eyepoint height.

Firstpon

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 02:43:27 am »
Do you use Boeing 777 mybe 777 is tall plane so marshal need to stand on ladder

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 04:21:11 pm »
He gets the Marshaller on Ladder and I not??

You're using AES, it's probably excluding the GSX marshaller.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Von Rondstadd

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 01:43:03 pm »

Something must be different in your setup. Either the AFCAD, or the eyepoint position in the VC or the plane configuration. For example, the plane WEIGHT might affect the eyepoint height.

I asked T2G and they say the latest installer comes with the latest afcad.
Tried different weights but no luck.

Still find it very strange that some gates gives the marschaller standing on ladder and others with the same type of gates and with the same measurements give the marshaller standing on the ground??
Can not say if this is a fault in the afcad or not?

But maybe Matt Davies used an other afcad when he recorded the video?

You're using AES, it's probably excluding the GSX marshaller.

@Bruce: I have the GSX marchaller that is not the problem, because mentioned before at gate 212A I see him standing on the ladder!

Kind regards Robert
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:45:00 pm by Von Rondstadd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 02:00:44 pm »
I asked T2G and they say the latest installer comes with the latest afcad. Tried different weights but no luck.

Then the problem is neither the AFCAD or the weight.

As explained in the GSX manual, you can also CUSTOMIZE the maximum marshaller distance for any given parking, which WILL also affect the availability of the ladder so, maybe, that's what the other user did (reading the GSX manual to learn about the customization options and use them), he might have customized the Max Marshaller Distance for that parking, to prevent the marshaller being too far away.

Placing the Marshaller closer, will of course affect the calculation GSX makes to decide if a ladder is needed.

Von Rondstadd

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 06:19:08 pm »
Hello,

Again a problem with the Marshaller on ladder not showing up with new bought scenery: PAULO RICARDO - SALVADOR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT SBSV AND CITY FSX P3D

This guy has the same scenery flying a A330 and at the end of his video (17.38) I see the Marshaller on ladder!

I use the PMDG 777-200LR and I do not get the Marshaller on ladder!

This drives me crazy!   >:(

I downloaded the latest full installer Contains all Vehicles updates.  Last updated 1-jan-16

Regards Robert

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:20:45 pm by Von Rondstadd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 06:20:42 pm »
I'm sorry but I can only repeat and confirm my previous explanation. Nobody else has this problem, and you saw the video yourself.

Von Rondstadd

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 08:33:10 pm »
I'm sorry but I can only repeat and confirm my previous explanation. Nobody else has this problem, and you saw the video yourself.

I remember now I also use AES and changed a long time ago the PMDG 777 aircraft.cfg and edit the static_cg_height=13.70 because of a bouncing problem during pushback!

Could this have something to do with it??

Regards Robert

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:21:16 am by Von Rondstadd »

Von Rondstadd

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 02:19:19 pm »
Static height change did nothing.
Have figured out when I change Machaller distance to 20 or less everything works fine!  ;)
Only a bit strange I have to change this setting manual?

Robert

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:16:29 am by Von Rondstadd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 03:46:11 pm »
Have figured out when I change Machaller distance to 20 or less everything works fine!  Only a bit strange I have to change this setting manual?

That's not strange at all. You are not supposed to always see the marshaller on a ladder. Only when the program estimates it will be too close (depending on eyepoint height and parking size) to be seen.

So, by reducing the maximum distance, you can control this calculation. GSX doesn't have any knowledge of the outside world (scenery objects), except the AFCAD. That feature should used to prevent the marshaller ending up inside a building so, in that case, it will use a ladder, while in previous versions it would have been too close to be seen.

AirBorne

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 12:42:12 am »
Lately I've been noticing the marshaller inside the ladder, like his neck in the level of the last step up. Anyways to prevent this? Tried reinstalling, to no avail. Thanks!