Author Topic: Install Issue (No Internet Connection available) **SOLVED**  (Read 2733 times)

crocodiledk

Install Issue (No Internet Connection available) **SOLVED**
« on: March 13, 2016, 04:34:58 pm »
Hi all,

Recently y downloaded the new GSX Installer from homepage but during the instalation when i select my sim the usual Download window pop up looking for the bglmanx.dll 0b of 1.76MB the problem is that after a few seconds an error pops up saying that:

No Internet Connection available, press Next to use local bglmanx files.
The installer does not even star to download the file.

I dont have any Internet Issues the problem is only with gsx installer or stand alone manager same thing.

What if tried so far,

Disable Firewall
Disable Antivirus (Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015)
Modem and Router Reset
Tried with or without VPN so far bur no luck always the same no Internet Connection issue.

First time i have this issue since i installed gsx couple times in the past.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Marcel

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:25:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install Issue (error No Internet Connection available)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:03:56 am »
No Internet Connection available, press Next to use local bglmanx files.
The installer does not even star to download the file.

I dont have any Internet Issues the problem is only with gsx installer or stand alone manager same thing.

I tried the installer, just to be sure, and it starts correctly and downloads all the files with no errors. Also, nobody reported this recently, so it's surely not a server issue (note that we have two servers located in different countries running at the same time so, it's very unlikely they would be *both* down at the *same* time).

The issue must be on your end. For some reason, either your firewall or your antivirus is blocking the download.

Yes, some antivirus are so bugged, they can block files without warning and even when disabled (I witnessed this personally on an user's system).

crocodiledk

Re: Install Issue (error No Internet Connection available)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 12:24:03 pm »
Definitely it was Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2015 , GSX was able to download all the files after i totally uninstalled the antivirus,

Problem solved.

Thanks
Umberto