Author Topic: Editing parking at EGPH UK2000  (Read 2593 times)

Helix1250

Editing parking at EGPH UK2000
« on: February 24, 2016, 11:26:40 am »
HI everyone,

On a flight into EGPH the other night I was sent to stand 27, when I got there it was cluttered with stairs that was blocking the taxi line. Anyway once I had filed my flight I set about editing the location, but no matter what I do when I try to edit there or any other parking space my plane just goes in to a mad flat rotation and I can do nothing to stop it. SO I can not stay still long enough to edit the positions.

Has anyone else come across this, or has an answer as to how I can get around it?

I am running a WIN 10 64 machine with FSX Steam, UK 2000 scenery, Orbix Base, vector and LC EU. Tested with the Dash 8 and PMDG 737. they both spin.

Regards Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Editing parking at EGPH UK2000
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 11:36:44 am »
no matter what I do when I try to edit there or any other parking space my plane just goes in to a mad flat rotation and I can do nothing to stop it.

That's not a problem of the editor, it's a problem of your joystick that hasn't been properly calibrated in the null-zone. To prevent this, do one of the following:

- Calibrate your joystick correctly

OR

- Remove all the Slew axes from being under joystick control in the FSX control settings

OR

- Press CTRL+K to disable the joystick before entering the editor ( CTRL+K again will re-enabled it when done )

Helix1250

Re: Editing parking at EGPH UK2000
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 12:51:29 pm »
Its funny you say that Virtuali, right after I posted that I re-calibrated my yoke and pedals. I noticed a slight flutter on the pedals and I nulled that out.

After reading your post and retesting  it worked fine :) thank you for your prompt response and bang on diagnosis :)

Regards Rob