Author Topic: Pushback stopped working  (Read 3546 times)

AirBorne

Pushback stopped working
« on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:17 pm »
Hello,
Recently I noticed the "chatter" for the pushback has changed and I was not able have a complete pushback like I used to have, as only a straight backwards pushback was being performed. So I tried to change the Distance parameter to Zero and the pushback stopped working altogether. Then I set back the Distance to 200 meters and it started working, but only straight backwards. I would like to recover the ability to have a "complete" pushback (to the yellow line) according to the AFCAD as expected. I tried reinstalling/restarting Couatl, GSX full package (.EXE), libraries, etc, to no avail.
Thanks in advance for any clue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback stopped working
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 10:10:46 am »
If you are only getting the straight pushback, it means GSX is not reading the scenery AFCAD. Try to force a cache rebuild, by removing the following files (when FSX is NOT running!!):

c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX
c:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

AirBorne

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 10:49:44 pm »
Today it's even worse, I don't get any response from the pushback command (mouse click or 5 in the keyboard).
I will try that, thanks.

AirBorne

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 08:41:10 pm »
If you are only getting the straight pushback, it means GSX is not reading the scenery AFCAD. Try to force a cache rebuild, by removing the following files (when FSX is NOT running!!):

c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX
c:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

Hello Umberto,

I tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling GSX, Addon Manager, these things you described above, nothing worked. The pushback at most is doing the straight backwards, no turns at all. Tested in various airports, nothing. If I set the pushback straight distance to Zero it will do nothing whatsoever.
What else might be wrong?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 10:08:31 am »
I tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling GSX, Addon Manager, these things you described above, nothing worked.

Reinstalling GSX or the Addon Manager won't fix this. If it could, I would have suggested to do so.

It's not very clear from your message, if pushback at the airports you tried used to work before, or they never work in the first place. If they used to work, the solution would be the one I already explained: refreshing the cache, to be sure it's current.

If they never worked, maybe the problem is entirely different, and it's just the issue of the scenery developer setting the Pushback preference to "NONE". In that case, it's NORMAL you would only see the Straight pushback option.

This is of course fully explained in the GSX manual, and can be overridden in GSX, setting a pushback direction for the affected parking in the GSX parking customization page.