Author Topic: GSX Push Back - "Lock" to aircraft until PBrake Set  (Read 2290 times)

arabian_ceo

GSX Push Back - "Lock" to aircraft until PBrake Set
« on: February 16, 2016, 05:20:18 am »
Hello!

I have a small suggestion if that's okay. I tried to search the forum for this. Forgive me if my search failed to find something that was already there.

Some aircraft, when light, will roll forward on idle thrust. This could pose a problem as I noticed that GSX "releases" the aircraft as soon as the pushback is completed at the same time the ground staff requests that the parking brakes be set. In the time that the ground support staff requests that the parking brake be set and the moment the brake is set, the aircraft would creep forward, sometimes actually striking the pushback vehicle.

Would it be possible to make it such that GSX keeps the aircraft "locked" during the pushback process until after the parking brake is actually set by the pilot, and only when the parking brake is set, "release" the aircraft?

It's a very, very minor thing, but something I think worth mentioning.

Keep up the fantastic work!

-M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Push Back - "Lock" to aircraft until PBrake Set
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:46:05 am »
Would it be possible to make it such that GSX keeps the aircraft "locked" during the pushback process until after the parking brake is actually set by the pilot, and only when the parking brake is set, "release" the aircraft?

That's a good suggestion: we'll keep it in mind for an update.

arabian_ceo

Re: GSX Push Back - "Lock" to aircraft until PBrake Set
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 05:25:05 pm »
Thanks so much! :)

-M