Author Topic: Missing Terminals In Distance - Win 10  (Read 6033 times)

ieydis

Missing Terminals In Distance - Win 10
« on: February 11, 2016, 11:28:10 pm »
Hello,

Ever since upgrading to Win 10 I get the issue with some missing terminals at ORD unless I pull up real close to the building (see attached screenshot).  I updated all drivers (nvidia) for Win10 and still same result.  Resetting COAUTL sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't.  Not a showstopper - just very annoying.   :'(

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ilya

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Terminals In Distance - Win 10
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 09:17:07 am »
Ever since upgrading to Win 10 I get the issue with some missing terminals at ORD unless I pull up real close to the building

This has been discussed several times on the forum, it's usually caused by having set FSX to run into XP or Vista Compatibility mode under Windows 7/8 or 10. All compatibility modes for FSX.EXE must be off, which is how FSX defaults to.

ieydis

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 04:13:01 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Yes, I did see this suggestion in the forum however when I right-click on the FSX.exe link on my desktop there are no options for compatibility settings that I can see.  Is this hidden somewhere in Win10?

Much appreciated.

Ilya

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 04:18:32 pm »
when I right-click on the FSX.exe link on my desktop there are no options for compatibility settings that I can see. 

Do you mean:

1) you see the "Compatibility" tab, but it has all the options unchecked ?

OR

2) you don't have the "Compatibility" tab at all ?

ieydis

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 05:01:48 pm »
I believe I did not see the tab at all.  Not at my computer right now.  This is for the desktop shortcut.  Should I right-click on the actual FSX.exe in the program folder and see if the option is there?

Thanks.

Ilya

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 07:00:44 pm »
Should I right-click on the actual FSX.exe in the program folder and see if the option is there?

Yes.