Author Topic: GSX and LOWS Salzburg by Digital Design  (Read 5818 times)

Martin_Starski

GSX and LOWS Salzburg by Digital Design
« on: February 10, 2016, 12:24:46 pm »
Hello,

I'm in the possession of LOWS-scenery by Digital Design (version 1.1).

After a few flights I noticed that when I start GSX, all taxi / runway lights are turned off immediately. Can you verify if anything from GSX is in conflict with this scenery or maybe SODE 1.3, which is the part of this scenery?

I was in contact with Evgeny Baturin (Developer / Digital Design). He informed me that he knows about the problem, but FSDT has to release update of GSX to solve it.

I'd like to be sure that FSDT knows about such problem and thus we can expect the update which will solve it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Marcin Gwiazdzinski

Martin_Starski

Re: GSX and LOWS Salzburg by Digital Design
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 12:29:30 pm »
I've just found other topics relating to the similar issue - I understand that we have to wait for the GSX update, which will integrate the GSX and SODE.

jodle

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:26:17 pm »
Same problem after updating SODE to 1.3 GEX shoting down lights in LOWS ;-(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 11:12:21 am »

Yes, we are fully aware of this, but we already explained that we cannot publish a temporary fix right now, because we are in the middle of a very large rewrite of GSX, which also involves SODE, and we must also wait for the next SODE public release. At that point, GSX and SODE integration will be automatic, and there will be no risk removing SODE objects, even for future sceneries.

altena

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 06:12:23 pm »
Hello Umberto

Could you explain to me what SODE means. Never heard of it before.
Thanks for helping me out.

Henk

pete_auau

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 06:01:44 am »

Eric P.

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 02:23:47 pm »

Yes, we are fully aware of this, but we already explained that we cannot publish a temporary fix right now, because we are in the middle of a very large rewrite of GSX, which also involves SODE, and we must also wait for the next SODE public release. At that point, GSX and SODE integration will be automatic, and there will be no risk removing SODE objects, even for future sceneries.

will it then be remoteable?

BR
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 02:47:50 pm »

You asked many times about this on the forum, and you have always been answered:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11570.msg88878.html#msg88878

This doesn't mean we'll NEVER consider it. Just that, at this time, we have so many new features planned that can be used by everbody, that we just don't have any resources left to add features that will benefit only a minority.

Eric P.

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 03:56:19 pm »

You asked many times about this on the forum, and you have always been answered:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11570.msg88878.html#msg88878

This doesn't mean we'll NEVER consider it. Just that, at this time, we have so many new features planned that can be used by everbody, that we just don't have any resources left to add features that will benefit only a minority.

Yes, i know that i´m asking for it long time before... i´m confused that you and your company don´t have this in the next plans, because near every simmer has his sim running on more than one PC (many programs work on network to relieve the SimPC like ASN) i´m not alone with the wish for this feature and i think that the "ATC like Menu" of GSX is not the best option.

i stop now asking for it. without this option this program is not useable for cockpitbuilder.
I´s sad that you do not realize the additional potential of the program for homecockpitbuilders...

Eric