Author Topic: Cannot get GSX to load **SOLVED**  (Read 1959 times)

torontorob

Cannot get GSX to load **SOLVED**
« on: February 07, 2016, 11:50:00 pm »
When I try to run GSX I get the following error message on FSX.  Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program (add on).  Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library. Version 3.0.0.11  company Virtuali Sagle  File bglmanx.dll If I click yes to Run, FSX does not respond. If I click no, FSX boots up fine, and works great - just no GSX.

I recently re-installed Aerosoft's My traffic 2010. I read somewhere that there may be a conflict with GSX.

In the meantime, I uninstalled GSX from my system, as well as add on manager. I then disabled (in real time) Microsofts Security essentials, and downloaded GSX again and add on manager again. I configured the antivirus program to exclude bglmanx.dll and couati.exe.

I still have the same problem, but this time I do not know what to try.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:58:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot get GSX to laod
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 02:08:46 pm »
When I try to run GSX I get the following error message on FSX.  Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program

That message is a bogus message that comes out randomly from FSX, and it's usually caused by a Windows libraries conflict, usually caused by too many addons using different version of the VC++ runtimes libraries, which confuse the Windows subsystem that is supposed to allow all them running together in the same memory address space.

The solution is usually as follows:

- Always ALLOW the module to run, EVEN IF FSX CRASHES

- Try a couple of times

- Try after a Windows reboot.

- Be sure you turn off ALL compatibility modes for FSX.EXE and, eventually, try running FSX as Administrator instead, but with every compatibility option turned off.

torontorob

Re: Cannot get GSX to laod
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 04:57:25 pm »
Thanks -  It worked after 2 tries, and has been working well since. I love, love, love this program. Congratulations, and thanks again for your help.