Author Topic: P3D Hang Start with FSDT scenery  (Read 3795 times)

dfreemanfso

P3D Hang Start with FSDT scenery
« on: January 28, 2016, 06:26:08 pm »
Umberto,

First off, thanks for what you do; I've been flying with your sceneries since 2011 and love them.  In the past I've always been able to fix issues with a simple reinstall or a verification that antivirus software is shutdown; this time I'm not sure what to do.

I am running both FSX and P3D V3.1 on my computer and am trying to do a clean install of FSDT KDFW into P3D.  I am downloading the latest installer direct from FSDT.  My antivirus is off and set to ignore my P3D and FSX folders.  Here is what happens:

After I install KDFW into FSX, when I first open the sim, I get a warning that FSX has detected a problem with bglmanx.dll and asks me if I want to run the software.  I click yes, and the sim opens.  From then on, FSX opens fine without the warning about bglmanx.dll at start up...no problem.
Then I run the installer in P3D V3 and the sim hangs at startup and I have to close it.  From that point FSX hangs at startup as well.  So it seems that something the installer is doing with P3D is messing with FSX as well.  After I delete FSDT KDFW and all the addon mgr/couatl stuff, both sims open fine.  I have also attempted to install the scenery into only P3D and it still hangs.  I've run everything as an administrator and tried rebooting windows before and after installation.

From research in the forums, I believe I have an issue with my C++ libraries, but am not really sure how to fix that.  My guess is that the reason I can run FSX with FSDT and not P3D is that FSX gives me the warning and option of running bglmanx.dll at start up and P3D does not.

I'm really not sure where to go from here.  I have seen some folks fix issues by editing some files, but don't quite understand how to do that - I'm not computer savvy.

Thanks for your help,

David Freeman
Lawton, OK USA   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D Hang Start with FSDT scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 09:54:29 am »
Then I run the installer in P3D V3 and the sim hangs at startup and I have to close it.  From that point FSX hangs at startup as well.  So it seems that something the installer is doing with P3D is messing with FSX as well. 

The installer is not doing anything and nothing in your report seems to indicate the installer has anything to do with it. From your report, it seems that RUNNING the programs in FSX seems to cause a problem.

But you shouldn't seen the FSX message in the first place, which seems to indicate you have a VC++ libraries problem, because that's FSX error is a generic "panic" message that FSX displays when it cannot load a module for any reason. P3D doesn't have the message, but it doesn't mean that, by getting rid of the message itself, P3D would be immune for the problem that *caused* it.

In any case, I see you have asked for a Teamviewer session so, it's no use continuing here and I'll contact you back as soon as possible.

dfreemanfso

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 06:32:58 pm »
Umberto,

I wanted to provide a quick update. 

After doing some research, I edited the addon manager line in the P3D dll.xml to read:  <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>  So of course when I start P3D it asks me if I want to load bglmanx.dll.  I click yes and P3D now opens and everything works. 

I guess something on my system is preventing P3D from automatically loading the addon manager:  I completely deleted my Norton, so I'm not sure if it's some kind of Windows security issue, or something else.

The good news is that at least I can open the sim now  ;D

dfreemanfso

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 06:26:47 am »
Never mind...it started hanging again tonight even with the change I discussed above.  Would like to do Teamviewer as soon as you get the chance.

Thanks,

Dave