Author Topic: FSX Steam Addon Manger, Cant register scenery **SOLVED**  (Read 3039 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
FSX Steam Addon Manger, Cant register scenery **SOLVED**
« on: January 24, 2016, 09:12:58 pm »
Hey there guys

Does anyone else have issues attempting to register sceneries in fsx steam? I have the addon manager and coutl in my fsx menu, but when I go to try and register the scenery, the box never pops up to insert the product key. Running FSX steam, windows 10, running fsx steam in windowed mode. Also just downloaded and installed the latest version of the addon manager with no success.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:33:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Steam Addon Manger, Cant register scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 01:16:05 pm »
when I go to try and register the scenery, the box never pops up to insert the product key.

As explained many times on the forum, when the registration box doesn't appear if you click the "Register Button", it's nothing that has anything to do with our software, but it's caused by another add-on that is trying to force itself on the foreground, a very questionable behavior (if all add-ons tried to do this, it would result in the sim being stuck under conflicting "in-focus" messages).

We had reports that REX is one of the add-ons that cause this problem.

Check you are not running another add-on that is launching FSX itself. Launch FSX from its icon

Be sure you don't have another add-on that is "stealing" the focus, so it forces the registration dialog behind the FSX one (the dialog is likely there, you just don't see it because of this other program). Programs that are known to cause this problem are online flying clients with chat windows and similar, or programs that launch FSX themselves.

Turn them off during the registration, you can turn them back on after the registration, and launch FSX from its own icon.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:33:42 pm by virtuali »

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: FSX Steam Addon Manger, Cant register scenery
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 06:50:14 pm »
OK thanks for the suggestions. Seems like Rex is again the culprit for the window not appearing.