Author Topic: couatl.exe The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004)  (Read 4520 times)

sslazio1900

Hi guys,

As a proud customer of GSX, today i migrated my sim to P3D v3.1.
After my "install workflow", hardly tested in all the previous installs, i got the known error "bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found". Ok, reading this forum I learned how to fix. Unfortunately, simply reordering my dll.xml does not worked, so, i followed this post .

I've deleted my simconnects APIs from winsxs and reinstalled the latest one (FSX XPACK).
But now, my GSX wont start...
I only got this error starting P3D and no chance to get GSX shown in my addons menu.

sslazio1900

Re: couatl.exe The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 11:59:26 pm »
I reinstalled all the SimConnects correctly, and the error below desappeared, but i'm now, once again, with the entry point error for bglmax.dll  ??? ??? ???

So i got my dll.xml and started to comment out (yeah, i work as software developer and i know how to write in XML) some lines.. i found that my problem is RAAS_PRO, installed with the PMDG 777.

What can i do to get it working with GSX as well?

Note that now RAAS PRO gives my the entry point error standing at the end of my dll.xml.. so no way to get it loaded later :D

EDIT: SOLVED! Sorry for this post. But i had about 3hrs of work on this issue.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13029.msg97824.html#msg97824
This post needs to be sticked!

"P3D now reads ALSO the DLL.XML in C:\ProgramData although it works with BOTH location: it merges them in a single list so, as if it was a single XML file, but it loads the modules listed in the XML file under C:\ProgramData FIRST."
This is the key!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:05:05 am by sslazio1900 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 10:17:47 am »
So i got my dll.xml and started to comment out (yeah, i work as software developer and i know how to write in XML) some lines.. i found that my problem is RAAS_PRO, installed with the PMDG 777.

Maybe it was the problem reported here ?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475355-problem-with-raas-update-in-p3dv2-both-install-and-uninstall-woes/

drdrehun

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 06:21:00 pm »
A have the exact same problem. It started with the bglmanx.dll simconnect error, and after solving it, came the couatl.exe error 0xc150004. All files, addon manager, sceneries were reinstalled several times, antivirus disabled, vc runtimes reinstalled. Still getting the couatl.exe error. Any solutions please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 01:42:00 pm »
As explained in all the thread about this error, there's NOTHING you can fix by reinstalling any of our software, because the error is NOT caused by any of our software, it's caused by a problem with the Windows Side-by-side libraries, which are needed by FSX, Simconnect and Couatl.exe.

Couatl.exe has the following dependencies:

- FSX Simconnect SP2, which requires the VC++ 2005 runtimes.

- The VC++ 2013 runtimes.

So, every possible fix relates to fixing either FSX Simconnect SP2 (and eventually the VC++ 2005 runtimes that are required by it) OR the VC++ 2013 runtimes.

This thread already links to several possible solutions, which solved the problem for everybody that had it. Another thread about it, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12344.0