Author Topic: script stops working  (Read 3130 times)

karlh

script stops working
« on: January 15, 2016, 12:12:34 am »
Hi,

In FSX, GSX worked fine after install a few weeks ago when I got it. Since yesterday when I make a selection from the menu I get an error dialog box saying the "addon <unknown>" has caused the script to stop working.

The only addons that I've installed since then were some item to run a mission (loads from EXE.XML) and Shade. Disabling both of those hasn't changed anything. I didn't have time to tinker with it today other than find & register on the forum. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Karl

karlh

Re: script stops working
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 12:18:54 am »
After sending I remember that an earlier search of the forums didn't yield any results because I wasn't allowed to do a search until verified. I just ran the search again and found references to AFCAD's. Thinking back I don't think I've done anything with AFCAD's on a larger level except that when I reran the Stand Alone Addon Manager it asked if I wanted to update AFCAD's. I have only seen the error at two locations. I will check others later I suppose. Are there any other diagnostics I could do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 05:17:31 pm »
Are there any other diagnostics I could do?

You should post your Couatl.ERR file found under %APPDATA%\Virtuali.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 06:18:35 pm »
me too having this problem.
i was requesting deboarding after arrival at gate.
P3D v3.1 PMDG 777 (latest version)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 01:11:29 pm »
me too having this problem. i was requesting deboarding after arrival at gate. P3D v3.1 PMDG 777 (latest version)

It seems you have TWO problems at the same time:

1) The "RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive" error has been discussed many times on the forum, and it an error of the scenery. It indicates the scenery AFCAD has an error, like overlapping nodes, orphaned nodes, unconnected links, unreachable parkings, etc. You might try to fix it using the ADE or AFX "Fault Finder" options, or at least having an idea what's wrong with the AFCAD, and report it to the developers.

2) The UNRECOGNIZED_ID errors it's something we never be able to trace, but in one case they were found to be related to have the VRS Tac Pack installed and went away by removing it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12542.0.html

Note that, we have been in contact with VRS, they sent me their module to try, and I was never able to reproduce the problem...