Author Topic: How do I read mdl files  (Read 3074 times)

chintzo

How do I read mdl files
« on: January 19, 2016, 01:59:03 am »
Hi all.
I've seen on this forum that you need to read the aircraft's mdl file in order to retrieve the door open code for PMDG'S aircraft. My question is how? It seems I need a hex reader which I'm unfamiliar with, any suggestions and tips please?
The aircraft I would like to read is the js41 to enable cargo door open / close check. The main door was straight forward as it is recognised as exit 1 / main exit, but for the cargo doors I need to enter a code.
Thanks for any help.
Roy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How do I read mdl files
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:41:46 pm »
Open it with an hexadecimal editor which has a search feature, and try to search for "door" or "cargo", it will hopefully return the name of the L: variable used.

chintzo

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 01:01:16 pm »
Open it with an hexadecimal editor which has a search feature, and try to search for "door" or "cargo", it will hopefully return the name of the L: variable used.

Success. Thank you very much.
Any idea how to disable the baggage belt, manual labour seems to be more realistic.
The codes i'm using are:
[cargo1]
pos = -0.50 -2.77 -0.73 0.00
code = (L:CargoPodDoor, bool)
name = cargo pod door
uldcode = AUTO

[cargo2]
pos = -0.50 -6.03 -0.03 0.00
code = (L:CargoMainDoor, bool)
name = main cargo door
uldcode = AUTO

Thanks again for your help
Roy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 01:04:43 pm »
Any idea how to disable the baggage belt, manual labour seems to be more realistic.

You cannot and you shouldn't disable the belt, otherwise you'll see baggage floating in the air. So, it's either the belt loader or the cargo loader.

chintzo

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 01:06:23 pm »

You cannot and you shouldn't disable the belt, otherwise you'll see baggage floating in the air. So, it's either the belt loader or the cargo loader.

I've sorted it.
I looked at the baggage loader cfg file and it states the min and max door height that triggers the loader. As long as the cargo door is within this value you'll get  the loader. So either adjust the min height to above cargo door height or drop the cargo door to below it. I did the later so I didn't upset all other aircraft.

A morning of learning for me.

Thanks again for your help
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:57:34 pm by chintzo »