Author Topic: KDFW Issues  (Read 4056 times)

mpochylko

KDFW Issues
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:17:23 am »
After reading through the forum I have kinda figured out my issue.  When I am at KDFW, an improper afcad loads (KDFW Helipad) I do not know how to make the proper afcad load, or what I need to do to fix the issue. Basically some of my AI planes wont take off, yet a certain few do.

Also the appears that the runway is under grass, then its not. A texture issue I believe. KLAX did the same thing, looked like it was all grass and pavement until; I was 500 ft from runway, then the actual runway appeared. I did adjust the settings on my video card as per a different thread I read.

Both menus appear in the addons list, etc.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:15:05 am by mpochylko »

mpochylko

Re: KDFW Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:28:57 am »
I think I fixed it all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 10:34:11 am »
I think I fixed it all.

What was it ? It might be useful for others reading the forum.

mpochylko

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 08:21:32 pm »
For the afcad file issue I.....

Positioned myself at KDFW at the default runway FSX loads you at. Clicked on the add on drop down, went to GSX, and clicked on the *customize airport position*. I found that for some reason it was using the helipad afcad for DFW, which was wrong. Upon reviewing my findings I went to where the afcad files are located in the fsdreamteam file for KDFW (in my FSX folder) and deleted the helipad .bgl file. After a restart of FSX, the correct scenery file loaded and all was fixed.

For the blurry textures I went into my video card manager outside of FSX altogether and changed my anisotropic filtering to 16X and told it to override FSX. Not only did this fix my blurred scenery, but it took my FPS from 4-6 to 9-16 at KDFW and even better at the other airports (KORD, KLAS, KLAX, KJFK).

All better.