Author Topic: Blurry LOD Prepar3D  (Read 3546 times)

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
Blurry LOD Prepar3D
« on: January 13, 2016, 08:21:34 am »
Simmers and staff,

I'm having an issue in the sim at my Addon Manager airports, and I've been trying to mess around with my settings to fix it to no avail. The issue is in the ground LOD, wherein anything more than 50 feet in front of the aircraft becomes super blocky and blurry. The attached photo is from FlightBeam KSFO, though I have experienced the same issue at other airports. As for settings, I've basically tried with everything on max, and nothing is fixed (full texture, mesh, tesselation, LOD, MSAA, FXAA, and texture filtering) to no avail. The texture LOD still remains abysmal. Any suggestions on settings to play around with that might fix this issue?

Thanks!!

http://i.imgur.com/Bjm4rAV.jpg
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:23:12 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Blurry LOD Prepar3D
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 09:26:32 pm »
I'm having an issue in the sim at my Addon Manager airports, and I've been trying to mess around with my settings to fix it to no avail.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager and, in fact, you will see the same issue with any airport that uses custom textures for runways and markings, which all the good scenery usually have (even those not using the Addon Manager...)

Your problem is not related to LOD either.

Instead, it's caused by not having set Anisotropic filtering on your video card. Depending on the card and the driver, the only sure way to enable Anisotropic filtering (which will prevent blurred textures when seen from a very low angle), is to FORCE IT ("enhance the application setting" ) in the video card Control Panel, and set it to a value of 16x.