Author Topic: Aircraft Misaligned Only With FSDreamteam Airports **SOLVED**  (Read 5214 times)

cstei255

Aircraft Misaligned Only With FSDreamteam Airports **SOLVED**
« on: January 08, 2016, 03:46:51 am »
I am running P3D V3.0 and have found that my aircraft and AI are misaligned at the gates w/ all FSDT airports.  I have tried deleting and reinstalling w/o luck.  The aircraft appear to be off by yards to several yards (inside the airport) depending on the scenery.  I assume it is some sort of alignment issue - other airports (default and addon) work OK.  Any thoughts?  Thank you!

Chuck
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:30:40 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft Misaligned Only With FSDreamteam Airports
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 08:20:20 am »
It's normal this won't be fixed by reinstalling the airports, since the problem are not the airports themselves. When you have misaligned AIs, the problem is never the airport itself, but a conflicting scenery from another scenery or product you have installed.

The most common culprits of misaligned AI, are AFCAD made for AI Traffic Packages like MyTraffic, TrafficX, etc., which are supposed to "enhance" a default airport, but it should be removed if you use an addon airport.

You can use the GSX customize parking position option to check which is the AFCAD being in use, so you will know what file you must delete. Or, you can use the free FSX Airport Scanner utility to search for conflicting airports and remove them.

cstei255

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 06:11:28 pm »
Thank you!

One note - the misalignment occurs w/ both the active airplane and the AI.  The two programs I am running that per your suggestion could be causing my issues are FTX Global and MyTraffic.  FTX Global has a P3D V3.0 installer - MyTraffic does not as of yet.  I installed by following these instructions - http://www.avsim.com/topic/477247-guide-to-install-mytraffic-6-in-to-p3d-v3/.

I searched for a FSX Airport Scanner and found this - http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795 - I read the PDF file and get the basics of what it does.  My question would be (not being a computer expert in any way) how do I know which  file to delete and where it will reside? For example, from reading it appears some files are 'redundant or cooperative' and most likely needed for attitude changes - which I wouldn't want to delete.  You note that I am looking to delete a AFCAD file - what extension and I looking for (.xxx) for that type of file? 

Also, do you have an opinion on why this issue only appears to be happening w/ FSDT add-ons?

Thank you for your patience.

Chuck

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 08:33:09 pm »
 That would most likely explain it. FTX Global has nothing to do with airport files, it's simply a texture replacement. MyTraffic however as Umberto mentioned adds thousands of airport files for default airports to help populate AI. Remove the offending airport files from MyTraffic for any airport that you have addon scenery for.

ywg256

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 12:53:38 am »
That would most likely explain it. FTX Global has nothing to do with airport files, it's simply a texture replacement. MyTraffic however as Umberto mentioned adds thousands of airport files for default airports to help populate AI. Remove the offending airport files from MyTraffic for any airport that you have addon scenery for.

Dave,

something I have noticed with P3D v3 is that once I put in a scenery into the library I have to end up restarting P3D all over again as the AI and sometimes the gates all all misaligned. Once I re-load that airport up after restarting p3d I am good to go and everything is aligned.  I've experienced this with multiple different sceneries by different developers.  If I remember correctly I only experienced that with LSZH and one of the hawaiian sceneries as far as any FSDreamteam stuff is concerned. Everything else by them and Flightbeam worked right off the bat.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 01:11:06 am »
 Refreshing the scenery library while in the sim does work, but it also doubles the AI. When you've seen this YWG, is it with no other airport file such as those from MyTraffic or anything conflicting?

cstei255

Re: Aircraft Misaligned Only With FSDreamteam Airports (Resolved)
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 01:27:46 am »
Ran Simple Airport Scanner and found two folders for KORD (example).  One for MyTraffic and one for FSDT.  I deleted c:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\scenery\BR2_KORD.BLG and all is fixed.  Thank you for your help.  Now I'm off to delete more files.  Chuck
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 01:47:10 am by cstei255 »

ywg256

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 05:50:31 pm »
Refreshing the scenery library while in the sim does work, but it also doubles the AI. When you've seen this YWG, is it with no other airport file such as those from MyTraffic or anything conflicting?

I use custom AI myself and none of the payware stuff.  What I do if I see AI doubled and the odd time default gates showing up is completely restart the sim.  It works 100% of the time for me when I run into this issue.

Psybear

Re: Aircraft Misaligned Only With FSDreamteam Airports **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 07:11:00 am »
You don't need to delete the files from MyTraffic. Simply add a .passive or .off to the end:  BR2_KORD.BGL.passive  ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:19:28 am by Psybear »
Win10 Pro x64v2004 -256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v5.0 hf2-512GB M.2 960 Pro | Storage-1TB 850 Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070/8GB Quicksilver (451.48) |34W 2560x1080 | Crystal 460X-AX860i

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Aircraft Misaligned Only With FSDreamteam Airports **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 08:12:34 am »
 Removing the files doesn't hurt the system either, keeping the old unused files just adds to an already cluttered file structure. It's 6 of one and half dozen of the other either way.