Author Topic: GSX chosing an Helipad AFCAD for KIAH  (Read 3757 times)

turbay

GSX chosing an Helipad AFCAD for KIAH
« on: January 04, 2016, 04:33:26 pm »
Hi guys,

I am having problems by using GSX for the FSDT KIAH airport. By looking at the GSX setting, airport settings I see that the AFCAD in used is JFKH, an helipad. Thus I end up having no gate options. I tried including directly on the Virtuali file "CoualtAddons.ini" the "airport_visibility_KIAH = 0" but still does not work. I am using "My Traffic X" as traffic addon, which it seems to have some a compatibility issues with GSX. I also tried to go directly to the folder of my traffix x, under scenery and erasing the ICAO JFKH but when I restart FSX, GSX does not work any more. Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.   

Felipe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX chosing an Helipad AFCAD for KIAH
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 05:38:36 pm »
I see that the AFCAD in used is JFKH, an helipad. Thus I end up having no gate options. I tried including directly on the Virtuali file "CoualtAddons.ini" the "airport_visibility_KIAH = 0" but still does not work.

Of course it doesn't work: doing this way, you DISABLED the *proper* AFCAD (the one for KIAH).

Since you said this helipad uses the fictional JFKH ICAO code, to disable it, you should use the airport_visibility_JFKH=0 line instead.

turbay

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 07:51:38 am »
Hi Umbeto,

Thanks for your reply. I tried changing the "airport_visibility_JFKH = 0" in the "CoualtAddons.ini" file. The only thing that changed is that once creating the flight in the FSX free flight window, under "current location", I dont see anymore the "Houston Helipad" (although using ICAO KIAH) but now I see the correct airport name "Georg Bush Intercontinental/Houston". However, once I upload the flight, GSX still has in the airport settings the AFCAD of the Helipad i.e. JFKH.

Any other solutions here?

Attached I am showing 5 screenshots of the sequence.

Thanks!     

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 10:15:00 am »
The only thing that changed is that once creating the flight in the FSX free flight window, under "current location", I dont see anymore the "Houston Helipad" (although using ICAO KIAH) but now I see the correct airport name "Georg Bush Intercontinental/Houston"

It's not possible the FSX free flight window would be affected by your change in the Couatladdons.ini, since that file is used only by GSX, and FSX doesn't know anything about it. In fact, your screenshot of the Create Flight windows clearly shows the Helipad is still there, but this is normal and won't affect GSX in any way.

However, once I upload the flight, GSX still has in the airport settings the AFCAD of the Helipad i.e. JFKH

The only possible reason of GSX still showing the helipad are:

1) You haven't restarted FSX or Couatl after you modified the Couatladdons.ini to add the exclusion.

OR

2) The AFCAD is *named* AF2_JFKH.BGL, but the helipad ICAO is NOT defined as "JFKH", but as something else, which would explain why the visibility command didn't had any effect, since GSX use the ICAO in the AFCAD file, not the filename, which can be anything and might not include the ICAO code at all.