Author Topic: My FSDT products stopped telling me an update is available  (Read 3752 times)

p3dx3

My FSDT products stopped telling me an update is available
« on: December 29, 2015, 08:18:46 pm »
Sometime in the past couple months all my products have stopped telling me there are newer versions available. I have every FSDT airport scenery, and all of them were out of date. Only sometimes did I get a message about a new addon manager installer, or gsx update. But not scenery? How can I fix this? Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My FSDT products stopped telling me an update is available
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 10:53:31 pm »
The Live Update that comes with GSX never notified of scenery updates so, it's just normal you won't see these.

The Addon Manager, instead, can notify of outdated sceneries, but we use this feature very sparingly, only when your outdated scenery CANNOT run without being updated, and this hasn't happened in a while.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 04:31:33 pm »
The Live Update that comes with GSX never notified of scenery updates so, it's just normal you won't see these.

The Addon Manager, instead, can notify of outdated sceneries, but we use this feature very sparingly, only when your outdated scenery CANNOT run without being updated, and this hasn't happened in a while.

Thanks for the explanation I thought something was wrong!

pcubine

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 05:53:57 pm »
The Live Update that comes with GSX

Why do you send Live Update to people that don't have GSX?

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 06:30:20 pm »
Why do you send Live Update to people that don't have GSX?

Even if I said that "Live Update comes with GSX", that doesn't mean that Live Update comes ONLY with GSX. It comes with *every* FSDT product, but what it can do, is to update any Python code, and ALL our sceneries (and XPOI) use Python scripting to do so many things.

A check on the Live Update release notes, would clarify that many updates are NOT related to GSX only, but fix things in sceneries that would normally require a new scenery download, for example:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Dynamic shadows at CYVR disabled by default if running under P3D 2+

Support for KSFO HD patch

Fixed a problem with Bloom with Cloud9 ENBR when used under P3D 2.5

Glass flickering problem at Zurich under Prepar2D 2.4 fixed

Disappearing runway lights at JFK2 under Prepar3D 2.4 fixed

Fixed flickering at CYVR under Prepar3D 2.x

That's why Live Updates comes with EVERY FSDT product, NOT just GSX, and that's why it's correct that it notifies and allows for updates even if GSX is not installed.