Author Topic: EZCA and GSX  (Read 3142 times)

Sammy

EZCA and GSX
« on: January 03, 2016, 05:14:30 pm »
I cant change views in EZCA when GSX control menu is open. It doesn't matter what key combo I use it still causes conflict even though the key combo used is not being used by EZCA. I know this was discussed before but never solved this issue. Even when GSX is not open, I still cant change views until I open GSX and close it. How can I solve this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: EZCA and GSX
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »
That's nothing that has anything to do with GSX, of course. GSX menu is a STANDARD FSX Simconnect menu.

So, your question should be more like: why EZCA doesn't respond to key presses when another standard Simconnect menu is open ?

My *guess* is that this is caused by that program use of a non FSX-standard way of handling the keyboard, instead (like we do) to rely on the standard FSX event system ( we don't read or process the keyboard directly ), which would explain why some users of it reported about issues and solution.

Your best option would be reporting this EZCA developers, or ask to other users. The only thing sure, is (assuming if you are SURE you assigned GSX to keys NOT used by EZCA), it's nothing that has anything to do with GSX, which doesn't handle the keyboard directly, and it uses a 100% fully standard Simconnect menu, so it's very likely you'll have the same problem with any other FSX addon that creates a menu in the same way.

mosteen

EZCA and GSX
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 12:22:30 am »
Sammy, did you follow the EZdok EZCA guide with regards to A / S / SHIFT+A / SHIFT+S?

I'm not sure if this is what you ask for, but you should let EZCA take over the std view shortcuts.

Cheers,

xender

Re: EZCA and GSX
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 10:00:12 pm »
I had that issue too. But i found a way to solve it. Try this:

When ezca stops working after using gsx just open and close the gsx menu. Ezca should start working again after that.