Author Topic: Is anyone working on a KPDX Scenery?  (Read 14185 times)

Lude2Envy

Re: Is anyone working on a KPDX Scenery?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 06:44:05 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again.... I hope to god KATL is FSDT's secret project.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 05:44:06 pm »
I'm thinking after all this time that has elapsed since the "secret" project came to light that it was probably Memphis.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

ywg256

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 05:20:09 pm »
I'm thinking after all this time that has elapsed since the "secret" project came to light that it was probably Memphis.

I have to disagree with you on this being the secret project.  If I read right, Umberto was hiring a bunch of people so that could be why there has been a bit of a delay in anything being released to date.  Staff transition, all that BS. I think it will be either a mega airport (USA or elsewhere) or an absolute curveball that no one saw coming of something a bit more obscure.

To reply to someone else about KATL, I too hope that FSDT is doing/considering this airport.  I tried the IS demo for P3D v3 and frame rates were the worst (under 10 FPS) by a LOOOONG shot out of any mega airport on my system (I own almost all of them) and FAR FAR worse than the killer that is FT's CYYZ (mid 20s).  Too bad because I like their newer stuff (ZSPD, KAUS).

Sean

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 03:53:15 pm »
The truth of the matter is Umberto is never going to come out and say "The secret project was/is...", he's just going to release them as they're finished and we'll forever be waiting for the secret project.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

ywg256

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 05:11:10 pm »
The truth of the matter is Umberto is never going to come out and say "The secret project was/is...", he's just going to release them as they're finished and we'll forever be waiting for the secret project.   ;D

Point taken.  I just have a feeling that it might stick out like a sore thumb when it gets released. Similar to how FT's Corfu came out of absolutely nowhere and ADX did have a FT undisclosed project on their roadmap.