Author Topic: GSX induces CTD in Brazil  (Read 2668 times)

keino333

GSX induces CTD in Brazil
« on: December 25, 2015, 12:23:08 pm »
Good day FSDT,
Just wanted to give you heads up on this.  Seemingly, when initiating GSX in Brazil with any of Paulo Ricardo's scenery, a CTD is almost always imminent.  Especially after landing in any of the select airports of his scenery and including Tropicalsim SBGR. :(
Any advice would be great.  Thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX induces CTD in Brazil
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 10:48:29 am »
Seemingly, when initiating GSX in Brazil with any of Paulo Ricardo's scenery, a CTD is almost always imminent.  Especially after landing in any of the select airports of his scenery and including Tropicalsim SBGR

It's NOT POSSIBLE that GSX, by itself, would cause a CTD. This for a very simple reason: GSX runs entirely *outside* the sim, in the Couatl.exe interpreter so, in the worse case GSX crashed entirely, it would simply result in Couatl.exe quitting, but as an external .EXE, it cannot (by definition) crash another .exe, and Couatl.exe surely doesn't try to "attach" to FSX.EXE, which would need special permissions to do so, even if it tried that.

What is REALLY happening, instead, is likely that, due to a combination of memory-hungry airplanes and memory-hungry sceneries in that area, you are already VERY close to memory exhaustion so, just having the GSX vehicles appear, might be enough to cause an Out of Memory error.

That's would explain why you think it's GSX that is "causing" this, when it's not.

keino333

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 12:11:48 pm »
Not entirely true with respect to VAS/Memory exhaustion. I had 700MB left.  The incident duplicated itself again but this time after load the aerosoft airbus at FSDT KFLL gate H3 with 1.9GB vas remaining. I prepped the bus and then activated GSX to board which brought up the microsoft time capsule/circle for 40 sec then P3dv3.1 crashed.  This has happened before in 2.5 and version 3 (but the first time I've reported it).  Each time all three platforms were built from scratch.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:41:05 pm by keino333 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 05:19:32 pm »
I prepped the bus and then activated GSX to board which brought up the microsoft time capsule/circle for 40 sec then P3dv3.1 crashed.  This has happened before in 2.5 and version 3 (but the first time I've reported it).  Each time all three platforms where building from scratch.

Then, the only possible explanation, is that you are not using the current version of the product, which supports P3D 3.1. Reinstall it it now, so it will download the updated DLLs.