Author Topic: P3D crashing after installing KORD Trial **SOLVED**  (Read 5974 times)

HighlanderSim

P3D crashing after installing KORD Trial **SOLVED**
« on: December 21, 2015, 10:45:39 am »
Hi people. Not sure where to turn for assistance so thought I would start here. I have P3D v2.4 with loads of addons for example: FSDT... Orbx... FlyTampa and other well known developers. All purchased and has been running without any issues for around a year. I have a few FSDT airports purchased and installed and never had issues until i downloaded and installed KORD trial. Since I installed KORD... P3D will crash randomly. Sometimes within a few seconds upon spawning at default airport/flight (not FSDT or other dev airport) and sometimes crashing within around a few minutes. Never had an issue whatsoever before the KORD install. I would really appreciate some help. I want to avoid resorting to uninstalling everything and starting from scratch. I am unable to use P3D since I installed KORD. I have uninstalled KORD but the crash still remains. I dont play around with cfg files or anything alike. I follow instructions very carefully when installing anything... which has seen my sim flawless for around a year up until KORD.

Thanks

Franky
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:53:16 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D crashing after installing KORD Trial
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 10:48:13 am »
I had the first Teamviewer session with an affected user right now, and witnessed the crash. I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it was fixed. I cannot explain it, other than he must have a bad download somehow.

So, first try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager now.

HighlanderSim

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:54:00 am »
Thanks for your reply. Do I need to uninstall the addon manager that resides within P3D before I install the standalone? If so... how would I uninstall it? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:54:45 am »
Just install it. If there was a need to do anything else, I would have said so.

HighlanderSim

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 10:57:01 am »
Thanks... I'll install the standalone addon manager and see how it goes.

Franky

HighlanderSim

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 11:48:42 am »
Just reporting back to inform you that it seems to have fixed it. P3D does not crash anymore. I flew around for about 40 minutes with no problem. Much appreciate your help virtuali. I look forward to purchasing many more FSDT scenery airports as they are some of the finest on the market. Thanks again!

Regards

Franky

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 11:53:46 am »
Just reporting back to inform you that it seems to have fixed it. P3D does not crash anymore. I flew around for about 40 minutes with no problem.

Thank you for the report, I'll mark it as "solved".

mark5685

Re: P3D crashing after installing KORD Trial **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 01:31:10 pm »
I had this issue but the solution didn't work for me. It actually turned out to be a permissions issue. Made sure the root FSX folder had full permissions for All Users and let the permissions propagate to the sub folders/items. Once that happened I was able to launch and load FSX and activate GSX, restarted FSX and everything worked! I still have an issue though with FSX crashing to desktop after I finish a flight and am exiting FSX...thoughts? I am running Active Sky Next, EZDok, GSX and VPilot along side the boxed edition of FSX, PMDG 777 and 737.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 02:32:31 pm »
I had this issue but the solution didn't work for me. It actually turned out to be a permissions issue.

The suggested solution worked, but you probably had two issues at the same time, so you also had to fix your permission, but this shouldn't have anything to do with any of our products, that never try to write into the FSX folder when running (they only write into %APPDATA% or %PROGRAMDATA%, so they shouldn't affected by permissions in the FSX root folder).

I still have an issue though with FSX crashing to desktop after I finish a flight and am exiting FSX...thoughts? I am running Active Sky Next, EZDok, GSX and VPilot along side the boxed edition of FSX, PMDG 777 and 737.

That seems to be another, unrelated, problem. Try to disable all the other products (except FSDT's), and re-enable all of them, one by one, until you find the cause.

In any case, I can only confirm that, in relationship to the startup crash, this IS fixed by reinstalling the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now.

Let's try not to morph this thread into a general discussion of any non-FSDT related FSX crash, which will only make this very confusing and impossible to follow.

mikeya1975

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 09:09:59 pm »
I tried installing the addon mananger first, then GSX. I get the same , "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 10:25:06 am »
I tried installing the addon mananger first, then GSX. I get the same , "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working

As I've said, and as confirmed by everybody else that installed the Addon Manager, it's not possible you would get a crash now.

If you still have, either you haven't installed the Addon Manager, or you did before I posted the message to do it, or your antivirus has blocked the download, so you are still stuck with an outdated version, or the crash is caused by something else entirely.

As explained in all thread about this, if you cannot fix it yourself (just reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager), if you contact me in private, we can have a Teamviewer session and I can fix it for you.