Author Topic: Issue with bglmanx.dll **SOLVED**  (Read 5642 times)

jansil

Issue with bglmanx.dll **SOLVED**
« on: December 21, 2015, 01:27:26 am »
Hi!

I've had GSX for a long time and used it without any issues. I purchased KLAX and KORD and installed them. After that I can't start FSX (boxed edition), it crashes during startup. Since the only change was installing FSDreamTeam products, I tried disabling files associated with those products. I first tried disabling in exe.xml couatl.exe, but FSX still crashed. I then tried to disable bglmanx.dll in dll.exe and after that FSX worked without issues (but of course no FSDT menu items show). I've downloaded and installed the latest standalone installer, but no difference. I've also read many forum topics regarding bglmanx.dll and tried following the advice in those topics (antivirus, UAC, VCdist, etc.), but it hasn't solved my issue. I don't understand what is causing the crash since I've had GSX and had no issues with that. Could something in the KLAX or KORD installs have caused this or conflicting with something else in FSX? I tried disabling other dll:s in dll.xml, but always FSX crashes. Only way to prevent FSX from crashing is to disable bglmanx.dll in dll.xml.
Should I try to uninstall KLAX and KORD (I haven't tried that yet)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

/J
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:21:31 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issue with bglmanx.dll
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 09:59:01 am »
I then tried to disable bglmanx.dll in dll.exe and after that FSX worked without issues (but of course no FSDT menu items show). I've downloaded and installed the latest standalone installer, but no difference.

I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate the problem. I've just downloaded and installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it works normally, no crashes.

Please contact me in private, because I need to have a look at your system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 12:42:15 pm »
I had a couple of Teamviewer session with some affected users right now, and witnessed the crash. I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it was fixed. I cannot explain it, other than they must have a bad download somehow.

So, first try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager now.

Blue Iguana

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 01:37:13 pm »
I had a couple of Teamviewer session with some affected users right now, and witnessed the crash. I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it was fixed. I cannot explain it, other than they must have a bad download somehow.

So, first try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager now.

I have the same problem but with prepar3D V3 instead of FSX. Same issue, even the part of the gsx installed for a long time without problems. Now my prepar3D crash randomly. I tried to install the stand-alone addon manager, but without results. Still crashing
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:40:36 pm by Blue Iguana »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 01:57:58 pm »
I tried to install the stand-alone addon manager, but without results. Still crashing

Have you done it NOW, *after* I said to do it ? I can only confirm reinstalling it now will surely fix the problem.

jansil

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 10:35:43 pm »
Hi!

I now tried to download the standalone installer again and installed it, and now FSX doesn't crash anymore during start. I will now do some more tests, but it seems that the problem for me have been solved.

/J

Blue Iguana

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 05:56:27 am »
+1, 11 hours flight without issues. Nice job, guys, really appreciate