Author Topic: GSX Reinstall Crashes FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 5740 times)

mikeya1975

GSX Reinstall Crashes FSX **SOLVED**
« on: December 19, 2015, 08:35:30 pm »
hello
I've had GSX for quite some time now. I reinstalled it today because the Cuoatl tab wasn't appearing in the menu bar in FSX. After I installed GSX, once FSX loads to the main menu, I get "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working". This has only occurred since reinstalling GSX. Any suggestiopns?
Thank you
 ???
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:40:50 pm by virtuali »

p3dx3

Re: GSX Reinstall Crashes FSX
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 05:36:12 am »
hello
I've had GSX for quite some time now. I reinstalled it today because the Cuoatl tab wasn't appearing in the menu bar in FSX. After I installed GSX, once FSX loads to the main menu, I get "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working". This has only occurred since reinstalling GSX. Any suggestiopns?
Thank you
 ???

I have this same problem. The installer downloaded a corrupt couatl or bglmax file. As a temporary fix to get FSX working again I think you can uninstall GSX and at the end the uninstaller asks if you want to remove the other programs, select yes. Until then we need to wait for Virtuali to upload a fixed version to the servers.

mikeya1975

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 05:53:18 am »
ThanKS for the reply! I'll give it a shot :)

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 07:07:33 am »
ThanKS for the reply! I'll give it a shot :)

Note that you will not be able to fly to any airport scenery that uses these files until Virtuali fixes the problem. I haven't seen him post on the forums since Friday morning so hopefully it will be fixed by Monday

RAY VLASEK

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 11:51:51 pm »
I have same problem, sent private message to admin,   updated teamviewer ID and password,  hope to fix soon,  cannot use any FSDT or Flightbeam Sceneries and GSX

mikeya1975

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 12:17:37 am »
Keep us posted!  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 10:02:18 am »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate the problem. I've just downloaded and installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it works normally, no crashes.

Please contact me in private, because I need to have a look at your system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 12:40:42 pm »
I had a couple of Teamviewer session with some affected users right now, and witnessed the crash. I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it was fixed. I cannot explain it, other than they must have a bad download somehow.

So, first try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager now.

Tim3213

Re: GSX Reinstall Crashes FSX **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 07:03:24 pm »
I am having the same problem. My question is should I uninstall GSX before installing the Stand Alone application?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Reinstall Crashes FSX **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 10:32:34 am »
My question is should I uninstall GSX before installing the Stand Alone application?

If haven't said anything about uninstalling GSX or anything else. I just said to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, so you can safely assume this is the only thing you need to do.

In fact, if you uninstall GSX and reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, you will end up with a working Addon Manager, but no GSX.