Author Topic: P3D doesnt work anymore with GSX  (Read 4411 times)

seetang

P3D doesnt work anymore with GSX
« on: December 07, 2015, 04:35:43 pm »
Hey Support Team,

first of all. this topic was mentioned in maaany threads before but the solutions never fit to my problem.

i have the problem that, after i installed GSX für P3D v3 my P3D wont start anymore because i keep getting the same massage:

the procedure entry point simconnect _text could not be located in dynamic link library simconnect.dll

here is what i've done so far:

- installed simconnect several times.
- deinstalled all old versions of simconnect
- made sure that the bglmanx.dll is set first in the DLL.XML
- installed/deinstalled GSX several times
- noticed that whenever i remove bglmanx.dll from my p3d root, P3D works fine but i cant acces the addon manager
- tried to launch the couatl.exe manually without succes
- Yes couatl.exe starts when i launch P3D but i keep getting the error massage
- Yes UAC is turned off
- No my firewall doesnt block anything
- tried to install GSX with an older version of the P3D installer that a freind sent to me

im really depressed because this is the last addon (at the moment) that i need to complete my flight simulator for me.

i really hope someone can help me please ??? ??? ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D doesnt work anymore with GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 05:12:46 pm »
first of all. this topic was mentioned in maaany threads before but the solutions never fit to my problem.

i have the problem that, after i installed GSX für P3D v3 my P3D wont start anymore because i keep getting the same massage:

the procedure entry point simconnect _text could not be located in dynamic link library simconnect.dll

All the threads with this problem were closed as solved so, it's sure that your problem will be solved too, if you really follow all the suggestions made in those threads:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11862.0.html
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12418.0.html
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12418.0.html

here is what i've done so far

here is what i've done so far:

- installed simconnect several times.
- deinstalled all old versions of simconnect

Deinstalling ALL the old versions (if with "all old versions" you mean also the FSX SP2 version) will CAUSE the problem to happen, because our software, like many others, REQUIRES the FSX-SP2 version of the Simconnect library, which is distributed with P3D, although not installed by it automatically.

So, the FSX-SP2 version of the library MUST be installed and NOT uninstalled. If should remove all the OTHER "old" FSX versions, those older than the SP2 version.

- made sure that the bglmanx.dll is set first in the DLL.XML

This *usually* fix this, but it's not certain. If another addon, maybe even in the EXE.XML file, which uses an OLDER Simconnect version (pre-SP2) is loading first, it might force the sim to load that version instead of the new one.

- installed/deinstalled GSX several times

Your problem is ANOTHER addon calling an OLD version of Simconnnect, NOT GSX, because that outdated version doesn't contain the SimConnect_text API call, which has been added to the SP2 version, which is the latest one made for FSX.

That's why uninstalling GSX won't solve anything. You must act on the *cause* of the problem, not on the effect. The *effect* is that GSX is not working because of that missing function. The *cause* is the other addon requiring the outdated version to load, which might be caused by the other addon loading first, or the Simconnect-SP2 version simply missing, maybe because you try to fix the problem uninstalling it.

- noticed that whenever i remove bglmanx.dll from my p3d root, P3D works fine but i cant acces the addon manager

Of course. If you remove it, it won't load...

- tried to launch the couatl.exe manually without succes

You should never try to run it manually, and nowhere we ever suggest you should try that. It won't work.

- Yes UAC is turned off
- No my firewall doesnt block anything

UAC doesn't have anything to do with your issue. Firewall doesn't have anything to do with your issue.

Your issue is NOT that our software is not running because some kind of permission problem or being blocked somehow.

Our software IS starting correctly but, since ANOTHER addon has caused the old Simconnect to load (which might be caused by the order of loading or Simconnect simply missing), it cannot find a function that IT NEEDS, and is included in the latest Simconnect for FSX.

- tried to install GSX with an older version of the P3D installer that a freind sent to me

By continuing to assume the problem is somewhat related to GSX, and might be fixed acting on it in some way, you'll keep wasting your time and will never fix it.

As I've said, you must cure the cause, not the effect. GSX is the victim of an improper configuration caused by another addon, which still uses an outdated (even in FSX terms) version of Simconnect, so you must work on it, not GSX. Also because, you will find that MANY other 3rd party addons that WILL fail, if your Simconnect SP2 version is not loading.

So, stop wasting time reinstalling GSX or looking at any possible issue with it, because there are none. You must, instead, be sure that the FSX-SP2 Simconnect library loads correctly, and the easiest thing to do is:

- Uninstall all previous Simconnect versions. Note that, Simconnect doesn't even *have* an uninstaller so, the only way to do it, is probably removing all files manually from the Windows\SxS folder, possibly by booting into Safe Mode

- Install ONLY the FSX-SP2 version of it, which is located in this folder:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.MSI

The GSX installer installs it too, but sometimes you should do it manually.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:15:03 pm by virtuali »

seetang

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 05:30:36 pm »
i already installed the simconnect.msi wich is located in the folder that you named.
but it doesnt really install, it only prepares the installer and after the laoding bar reached its end. The installer closes and is never seen again. (or is this correct?)
in my windows/winsxs folder there are 3 folders named

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297
x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20
x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568

but i cant delete those or the simconnect.dll located in it because i "need the permission from system"

and thank you for answering so fast but
i am sorry that i "wasted my time" with tryin to find the cause of the issue while i was waiting for an admin to activate my account so dont blame me for that please!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 06:06:48 pm »
but i cant delete those or the simconnect.dll located in it because i "need the permission from system"

that's why I said:

removing all files manually from the Windows\SxS folder, possibly by booting into Safe Mode

Do not delete just the DLL. Delete the whole folders for ALL 3, and then (after a reboot) reinstall ONLY the SP2 version from the P3D folder.

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.MSI

seetang

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 06:55:35 pm »
i started in safe mode and still no permissions to delete those folders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 04:49:05 pm »