Author Topic: MD80 and catering on the Left side  (Read 1833 times)

PhilA

MD80 and catering on the Left side
« on: December 01, 2015, 06:34:51 pm »
Hello,

I have recently purchased the Leonardo "MadDog" MD80.  I understand that this aicraft is internally supported by GSX.  When I am parked and call catering for the MD80, two catering trucks appear on the right hand side of the aircraft.  One truck goes to the front door, and the second to behind the wing where the Aft door is positioned on the other side of he aircraft.  The MD80 does not have a door at this location.  This catering truck drives straight in to the baggage loader for the rear cargo hold, already positioned at this location.

I have tried to position this door on the other side in a similar manner to baggage loading on the left side, but the catering truck drives through the aircraft and is either embedded in the aircraft or facing the wrong way.  For the time being I have disabled the second catering truck.

I appreciate the MD80 aircraft are unusual in having a galley/catering door on the left of the aircraft, but is it currently possible to configure this arrangement?  If not could you consider this for a future release so that Catering on the left can be handled in a similar manner to left hand side cargo doors?

Regards.