Author Topic: Does GSX have it's own keyboard keys  (Read 2595 times)

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
Does GSX have it's own keyboard keys
« on: November 26, 2015, 02:44:17 am »
Does GSX have it's own keyboard keys to open and close the doors? I tried using Shift+E+# and GSX says it's waiting for me to open the doors. Is there a general set of keys to open the doors and cargo hold and close them? I checked the options in GSX but it only shows which doors and their number not the short to open\close them. Thanks
Thanks,
Jon Martinez
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, FSXSE, ATI HD 6800 with 4GB DDR5 Ram, 16 GB system ram, 250 GB SSD, UTLive, REX SkyForce and Worldwide Airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Does GSX have it's own keyboard keys
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:20:58 am »
Does GSX have it's own keyboard keys to open and close the doors?

No, GSX doesn't try to controls doors. You are supposed to operate them just like you did before.

I tried using Shift+E+# and GSX says it's waiting for me to open the doors.

Since you don't say which airplane you use, it's not possible to know for sure if you simply haven't got the command right (which is Shift+E and THEN, after a brief pause, a number. It's not all 3 together), or the airplane you use it's a 3rd party airplane that use a different assignment, possibly with different variables, with its own custom method to open the doors, like a control panel or an FMC command.

3rd party airplanes, if they are not already internally supported by GSX, require to be configured before using them for the first time, including telling to GSX HOW they controls their door.

All of this is fully explained in the GSX manual, pages 30-31

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
Re: Does GSX have it's own keyboard keys
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 09:43:51 pm »
Sorry I forgot I fly the Boeing 777. Thank you I was trying all 3 keys together.
Thanks,
Jon Martinez
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, FSXSE, ATI HD 6800 with 4GB DDR5 Ram, 16 GB system ram, 250 GB SSD, UTLive, REX SkyForce and Worldwide Airports