Author Topic: No AI Traffic.  (Read 7368 times)

Putt4eagle

No AI Traffic.
« on: May 07, 2009, 05:47:59 am »
I am not getting any AI traffic at KORD. I have all the sliders up to max. Any thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No AI Traffic.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 10:51:46 am »
What AI traffic package are you using ? Default or 3rd party ?

Putt4eagle

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:02:03 pm »
Default. All the gates say GA ramp when I try to select one to enter the game at one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:24:33 pm »
That's probably the issue: since O'Hare has lots of custom ground vehicles, the parkings are intentionally flagged as GA, to get rid of the default ones, which slows down the fps considerably.

This means, the traffic needs to rely on the Airline code but, default traffic doesn't have it, so they park in other areas. If you check the whole airport, you will see some traffic, perhaps in the cargo area.

Since most of the users use 3rd party AI traffic package, this is not usually a problem, because the addons traffic AI always have the Airline code, so they park at the correct place.

Putt4eagle

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 07:09:51 pm »
There is no traffic at all. Not single plane anywhere. Right now, I am not worried about FPRS. I have 12G of RAM, an i7 processor running at 3.2ghz and two 1g video cards. Typically I have frames in the 70s and above. I will tone it down when I get a look at what I have. But for now, these are the settings...

And this is what I get....

It's a little spooky to see such realistic scenery so empty.  :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 07:36:52 pm »
There is no traffic at all. Not single plane anywhere.

That doesn't sound right. Are you sure you are not having another AFCAD in conflict ? And, are you sure your default traffic.bgl files is in order ? You should see something, maybe not parked at the correct places, but something should be there.

In any case, if you see the whole scenery, it seems your O'Hare install it's fine.

Putt4eagle

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 07:57:58 pm »
There is no traffic at all. Not single plane anywhere.

That doesn't sound right. Are you sure you are not having another AFCAD in conflict ? And, are you sure your default traffic.bgl files is in order ? You should see something, maybe not parked at the correct places, but something should be there.

In any case, if you see the whole scenery, it seems your O'Hare install it's fine.

I took a look and sure enough, AI was shut down by another (totally unrelated) add-on. Got it now. Thanks!! (and sorry.  :D )