Author Topic: Current GSX Version  (Read 2698 times)

GregH

Current GSX Version
« on: November 24, 2015, 06:59:21 pm »
Hi all,

I am running GSX 1.9.5. Is this the most current version? The download page does not seem to indicate the current version number. If it is not the most current and I download the full installer, can I install over the current version or must I uninstall existing GSX from my PC first?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Current GSX Version
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 08:48:45 pm »
I am running GSX 1.9.5. Is this the most current version? The download page does not seem to indicate the current version number

This has been asked and answered so many times, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12820.msg96570.html#msg96570

The concept of a "version", is a bit difficult to define, considering the installer (even your installer) downloads a lot from the internet when it runs, and there's the Live Update system. However, not everything is downloaded automatically, as explained in the GSX manual when Live Update is discussed. For things like vehicles, sounds, textures, you must either download the vehicle updates OR the FULL GSX installer, which always contains everything.

If it is not the most current and I download the full installer, can I install over the current version or must I uninstall existing GSX from my PC first?

If uninstalling was required, we would clearly advise so or, more likely, have the installer automatically perform an Uninstall first. Since we don't do any of that, you can safely assume you can just install over an existing version, but it won't make any difference if you uninstall first, it will work either way.

GregH

Re: Current GSX Version
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:08:39 pm »
Cool, thanks! ;)