Author Topic: Marshaller T7 Gate 10 too far behind **SOLVED**  (Read 13590 times)

G.P

Marshaller T7 Gate 10 too far behind **SOLVED**
« on: November 23, 2015, 09:01:18 pm »
Hello, can you please tell me why is this happen ? The marshaller is behind the gate at JFK, which makes it impossible to know where to get in at this gate. Terminal 7

http://prntscr.com/964l2l
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:50:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 09:22:10 pm »
Do you have the latest GSX version with the latest vehicles updates ?

On a gate with a jetway (you don't say which gate was, and your screenshot is not very clear, but it seems there's a jetway), the marshaller is supposed to be on a stand.

G.P

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 10:41:03 pm »
This is spanking new P3Dv3 Addon manager and GSx since I just bought and install P3D. This is gate 4 at terminal 7. The screenshot is clear that the Marshallese behind the column under the terminal. 1080p 30 fps

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 11:07:23 pm »
This is spanking new P3Dv3 Addon manager and GSx since I just bought and install P3D. This is gate 4 at terminal 7. The screenshot is clear that the Marshallese behind the column under the terminal. 1080p 30 fps

I tried the same gate now, (with the PMDG 777 ) and cannot reproduce your problem. The marshaller is in the correct position, see the attached screenshot.

Maybe you have an AFCAD conflict, you can use the customize parking positions menu, to check which AFCAD is used by GSX.

G.P

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:42:21 am »
My apologize, it's gate 10

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 11:00:28 am »
My apologize, it's gate 10

Ok, you can fix this with the GSX "Customize Airport positions" menu, by changing the "Max Marshaller Distance" parameter to 16.

G.P

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 08:26:48 pm »
So this solve nothing ? Cool

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 08:40:16 pm »
So this solve nothing ? Cool

Have you read my reply ? Of course it does, just do what I've said.

Or, if you don't know how to use the editor, and don't want to learn how to use it, just apply the latest Live Update, which includes the fix for the problem you just resolved.

G.P

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 07:06:32 am »
I downloaded the latest addon manager yesterday. However, it's happening again, This time, the marshaller is up in the stand and behind the wall.. See pic

http://prntscr.com/96o1gy

To be fare in the patch note, i see that you actually fix this but apprently not. I do have latest coautl and addon manager which you can see here, but it' still there. I try to take your advice and fix the marshall max distance to 16 but it doesn't actually fix anything. I hope you can actually look a bit deeper into it. Thanks Umberto

http://prntscr.com/96o3wu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 10:08:19 am »
I can only confirm the problem is fixed, which is confirmed by your 2nd screenshot, that shows the marshaller on a ladder. However, its position is too far back, which means the fix for the marshaller distance that is INCLUDED in the latest update is not being read.

I see what the problem is: JFK needs an update too, because it comes with a GSX customization file, and a GSX customization file will always take precedence over the GSX internal configuration, so that file still has the maximum marshaller distance set to 25, so that would need to be changed too.

The customization changes YOU make, will take precedence over any customization made by us (either in the GSX internal code, or in the GSX custom file we supply with JFK V2) so, since I don't think it would make any sense for you re-download the whole JFK installer JUST to apply that small fix yourself, it's easier if you just open the GSX, and set the maximum marshaller distance to 16, which will surely fix the issue, that's why it was my first proposed solution, because it would have worked even without installing any updates.

G.P

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 06:49:53 pm »
I can only confirm the problem is fixed, which is confirmed by your 2nd screenshot, that shows the marshaller on a ladder. However, its position is too far back, which means the fix for the marshaller distance that is INCLUDED in the latest update is not being read.

I see what the problem is: JFK needs an update too, because it comes with a GSX customization file, and a GSX customization file will always take precedence over the GSX internal configuration, so that file still has the maximum marshaller distance set to 25, so that would need to be changed too.

The customization changes YOU make, will take precedence over any customization made by us (either in the GSX internal code, or in the GSX custom file we supply with JFK V2) so, since I don't think it would make any sense for you re-download the whole JFK installer JUST to apply that small fix yourself, it's easier if you just open the GSX, and set the maximum marshaller distance to 16, which will surely fix the issue, that's why it was my first proposed solution, because it would have worked even without installing any updates.

Ok, I changed the distance. It didn't solve anything and based on what I saw , will it be a update JFK 2.2 or JFK 3 confirmed lol ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 09:45:26 pm »
Ok, I changed the distance. It didn't solve anything

Yes, it does. See the screenshot. In order to have your customization loaded, you must restart Couatl. Or, of course, it will be there on the next FSX restart.

and based on what I saw , will it be a update JFK 2.2 or JFK 3 confirmed lol ?

I don't know what you are trying to say here:

You reported a very minor issue that COULD be fixed even without our intervention, because as explained in the GSX manual when the Maximum Marshaller Distance is concerned, that parameter is there for the PRECISE reason to fix the "marshaller" into/behind a building problem.

You GOT the support you asked for, explaining the issue.

We HAVE fixed BOTH GSX AND JFK (but as I've said, it wouldn't make much sense to redownload the full installer just to not have to apply a 1 second fix), what are you trying to imply with this ? That we don't do updates ? We just made one, IMMEDIATELY after you report.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:50:44 pm by virtuali »

G.P

Re: Marshaller T7 Gate 10 too far behind **SOLVED**
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 11:10:40 pm »
You know what ? Thanks for your support. Have a great day. This actually .... idk, you put your feeling here

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller T7 Gate 10 too far behind **SOLVED**
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 11:40:36 pm »
You know what ? Thanks for your support. Have a great day.

Have you TRIED to do what I said, which is very simple:

- Change the "Max Marshaller Distance" at Gate 710, from 245 to 16.

- Be sure you "Restart Couatl"

This solved the problem, as clearly indicated in my last screenshot.

This actually .... idk, you put your feeling here

These are the facts.

- I paid attention to your report and replied very quickly, as usual.

- Supported you, indicating different solutions that would work.

- Released TWO fixes, one for GSX and one for JFK. But you don't have to download them, if you JUST make that change I explained. The fixes will be for future users that will download the installer and haven't read this thread.

- Took the time to TEST IT, and make a screenshot to show that IT WORKS.