Author Topic: JFK error after installing Demo of NewYork version 2  (Read 4780 times)

Michael Moe

JFK error after installing Demo of NewYork version 2
« on: November 22, 2015, 09:10:41 am »
Hi,

I get this after i installed the new york V2 scenery. Its been a while since i whent to KJFK but i havent seen this one before.

The Couatl.exe just restarts all the time

Thanks

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Wed Nov 18 21:02:54 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 138, in onEnter
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 208, in onEnterArea
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 161, in refreshDynamicObjects
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 43, in refresh
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 128, in refreshObjects
  File "couatl\JFK2\__init__.py", line 176, in seasonChange
  File "couatl\JFK2\__init__.py", line 148, in patchSeason
RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: Den angivne fil blev ikke fundet: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_KJFK/KJFK_sf01.mdl"
{'User Pos': (40.62870841429577, -73.77336233757062, 5.19921 m, 1.23721 m, 301.0611116999476)}

Michael Moe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK error after installing Demo of NewYork version 2
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 11:38:26 am »
I get this after i installed the new york V2 scenery. Its been a while since i whent to KJFK but i havent seen this one before.

The error message, instead, seems to indicate you *haven't* installed the scenery, or you installed a whole ago and you removed it, because it cannot file a model which is installed when you install the scenery.

Download the JFK V2 installer and install it.

Michael Moe

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 06:31:09 pm »
Thanks

Hmm it was one of the first scenery i installed to Prepar3DV3 and i had a flight online EGLL-KJFK as AAL101 a month ago. Havent uninstalled it.

Will try reinstall but strange dont you think?

Michael Moe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:38:02 pm »
If you see that error, it means the file is not there anymore so, either you removed it manually, or you haven't installed the scenery.

Or you installed in P3D and FSX, and then you uninstalled from FSX but, since the location for 3d model files is SHARED (to save you hard drive space if you install in both sims), if you uninstall from FSX, you must reinstall it in P3D, to restore the files being removed by the FSX installation.

The FSX vs P3D was just an example. It would be the same if you installed in P3D 2.5, then 3.0, then remove it from 2.5: you must reinstall it into 3.0 again.

Michael Moe

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 11:10:20 pm »
If you see that error, it means the file is not there anymore so, either you removed it manually, or you haven't installed the scenery.

Or you installed in P3D and FSX, and then you uninstalled from FSX but, since the location for 3d model files is SHARED (to save you hard drive space if you install in both sims), if you uninstall from FSX, you must reinstall it in P3D, to restore the files being removed by the FSX installation.

The FSX vs P3D was just an example. It would be the same if you installed in P3D 2.5, then 3.0, then remove it from 2.5: you must reinstall it into 3.0 again.

Thats it. Bingo. I must have uninstalled P3DV2. 5 version after installing V3

Thanks

Michael Moe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 09:39:17 am »
Thats it. Bingo. I must have uninstalled P3DV2. 5 version after installing V3

Yes, that could cause that problem.

The reason for this is, in order to SAVE some precious hard-drive space for users that use multiple versions of the sim (some have FSX, FSX:SE, P3D 2.5 and P3D V3 on the same installation), some of our later sceneries install all their 3d modules in a shared folder location, under C:\ProgramData\Virtuali, so that space is taken only once, which might be very important if you use a fast, but rather small SSD.

But if you uninstall from one sim, you must reinstall into at least one of the sims you intend to use.