Author Topic: Forcing Gate open/available ?  (Read 3506 times)

fowler

Forcing Gate open/available ?
« on: November 10, 2015, 12:47:42 am »
Just an idea I would like to share, I checked the 5 last pages of this forum to see if this was already discussed, didn't found anything so here I go : I think it would be nice to have another menu choice at the time of selecting parking position (either at the end of a flight or at the beginning of it) that would be to "force" any gate you might want to choose, even if it is already occupied. I know this sounds not too realistic but would be quite convenient. I like to have AI traffic at 100% because it is generating the necessary / realistic traffic at the big international hub, but the downside of this is that some times when you start a new flight somewhere on on runway then use GSX to "warp" you to the correct gates you would find all the gates occupied and cannot wait some 20 minutes just for the gate to open. (This is the advantage of simulation vs reality :-))

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Forcing Gate open/available ?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:01:28 am »
I think it would be nice to have another menu choice at the time of selecting parking position (either at the end of a flight or at the beginning of it) that would be to "force" any gate you might want to choose, even if it is already occupied.

There's no need for such option in GSX, because that's what the FSX default "Go To Airport" menu does: it will place you there AND will remove any AI which is already there. This is precisely the reason why GSX doesn't do that, so you can have both options.

fowler

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 07:21:51 pm »
That's a good idea about using the Go To airport and removing AI traffic, didn't think about it so thanks for the head-up. The annoying thing having to go that route is that you have to suffer from FSX gates nomenclatures. GSX is good at using real gates nomenclatures and is very convenient for that. Also it would spoil the fun to taxi to the gate and enter it properly. But would any "forcing" any occuppied gate possible within GSX or not, programming wise ?

Also I noticed there are quite a couple of gates/parking positions that are not displayed in GSX for ZRH/LSZH for instance (FSDT version) , is there any way to have end user updating this or will it be sometime updated ? My last 3 ending ZRH flights had all GSX gates shown occupied, had to circle the whole damned airport to find some empty parkings, but as they were not shown in GSX I could not end the fligh properly (i.e. deboarding)

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:25:32 pm by fowler »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 09:07:45 pm »
But would any "forcing" any occuppied gate possible within GSX or not, programming wise ?

It's very easy to do. We haven't done it, just because the standard Go To Airport is the one that removes AI, so our warp is the other method that doesn't, so you have both methods at your disposal.

Also I noticed there are quite a couple of gates/parking positions that are not displayed in GSX for ZRH/LSZH for instance (FSDT version)

Shouldn't happen. Please indicate precisely which gates are missing.

fowler

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 01:34:41 am »
Both the wharp / Go to airport are fine at the start of a flight session IMO. Once you arrive at destination it would cumbersome to use them again as you would loose your taxi to your gate, what a strange way to finish your hard earned transcon 10+h flight  ::) or whatever else your flying is...  I will come back with the missing gates/parking for ZRH, from memory they were some in the T, F near Cargo area and E midfield area. I'm not refering to any ground chart but actually taxying there you could see the taxi line and gate number painted on the apron but would not find these gates number in the GSX menu. Thanks  
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:36:58 am by fowler »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 09:17:00 am »
Once you arrive at destination it would cumbersome to use them again as you would loose your taxi to your gate, what a strange way to finish your hard earned transcon 10+h flight  ::)

The *realistic* way would be WAITING for a proper parking to be freed, not killing the AI. If there are no parkings available, maybe you set your AI traffic too high.

I will come back with the missing gates/parking for ZRH, from memory they were some in the T, F near Cargo area and E midfield area. I'm not refering to any ground chart but actually taxying there you could see the taxi line and gate number painted on the apron but would not find these gates number in the GSX menu.

Please come back with the precise, exact, list of gates, so we can check.

However, I assure you that all gates are there. If they are not, it's possible you have an AFCAD conflict, like the one that comes with your AI Traffic package, so GSX is not reading the FSDT AFCAD, so parkings won't match. This could be verified in the parking customization page, which will indicate the name of the AFCAD used by GSX.