Author Topic: Can not download anything?  (Read 3358 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
Can not download anything?
« on: November 11, 2015, 05:25:56 pm »
I have just purchased GSX from Just Flight.

I can not down load the product from their link, which they say directs the link to GSX.

I have also tried to down load direct from the main GSX site, without success.

Is there a server problem?

Regards

David
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can not download anything?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 05:31:05 pm »
I can not down load the product from their link, which they say directs the link to GSX.  I have also tried to down load direct from the main GSX site, without success.

Is there a server problem?

All download links are working fine, I just tried now, and there are no problems. I see you are in the UK using BT, some users reported a problem with this ISP, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12681.msg95911.html#msg95911

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 05:42:25 pm »
Thanks for the links.

I have contacted Just Flight and informed them of the issue.

Strange thing is, they say they have no problem with the GSX links.

So it must be my location in the north of England.

If I can not open the link I will have to have a refund, since I have paid for a digital down load.

Very annoying!

Thanks
David.
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 06:51:31 pm »
I have contacted Just Flight and informed them of the issue.

You should contact your ISP, instead, and complaining about not being able to access a legit website, from a legit company that has a legit business account with them, which contain a legit download that you purchased.

Strange thing is, they say they have no problem with the GSX links.

Of course they don't. Nobody has, except you and that other user I linked to. And the ones in the in the linked thread about Mediafire and BT.

So it must be my location in the north of England.

It's possible they have blocked YOU (Your IP, not you), from downloading from Mediafire.

We saw this happening too: someone in your area has downloaded too much from it (movies, games, etc.), so they blocked the IP that, due to dynamic IP addressing, now belongs to you.

You might try to restart your router, and see if this is fixed if your IP changes on the next session.

If I can not open the link I will have to have a refund, since I have paid for a digital down load.

You should ask a refund to your ISP, because you paid to get access to a download that works for everyone else, but you are not getting access to it so yes, you have a right to complain for a lack of service from your ISP.

You might also want to try this solution (it's free for basic usage)

http://www.hotspotshield.com/

Users in countries where internet censorship is in place, like China, reported success with it.

Very annoying!

I agree.