Author Topic: GSX and Ezdok  (Read 9538 times)

Driver170

GSX and Ezdok
« on: November 11, 2015, 12:27:00 am »
Is anyone using P3D V3 and the latest EZDOK for it ? because my ezdok cameras stop working on my virtual cockpit soon as i press reset on the GSX window

keithgiannoni

Re: GSX and Ezdok
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 02:06:28 pm »
Hi,

Just a quick thought. Did you run the Ezdok Configorator once installed? I have FSX but get this with any new a/c if I don't run the the config.

Good luck,

Keith

Driver170

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 04:07:15 pm »
Doesn't solve my problem! Ezdok stops responding after i reset GSX ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 04:34:18 pm »
Doesn't solve my problem! Ezdok stops responding after i reset GSX ?

What do you mean with "Doesn't solve my problem" ? Have you TRIED doing what has been suggested in those threads, which is assigning an hotkey in GSX that DOESN'T contain F12 ?

As discussed in those threads, it's possible that, if Ezdok doesn't use standard Simconnect methods to read the keyboard, it would work (or not), depending if it has started *before* or *after* GSX, just because the order in which the addons request a key.

If you have done what it has been suggested, meaninng you changed BOTH the two GSX hotkeys to something that doesn't contain F12 (used by EzDok), and the problem still happens, and GSX it's working normally after restarting it, I'm afraid there's nothing else you can do, other than report the problem to Ezdok developers.

Driver170

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 05:14:05 pm »
GSX or EZDOK doesn't use F12 key. I've assigned GSX to W key for the show/hide window. Its only restarting GSX that corrupts ezdok or makes it stop working

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 08:00:53 pm »
GSX or EZDOK doesn't use F12 key. I've assigned GSX to W key for the show/hide window.

You cannot assign a key already used by FSX, this will create issues with Simconnect too. Try a combination with TAB, which are never used by FSX.

Its only restarting GSX that corrupts ezdok or makes it stop working

GSX doesn't "corrupt" anything. and doesn't have the slightest knowledge about other modules, and surely not Ezdok.

As I've said: is GSX still working normally after a restart ? If yes, then the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. Also, do you have other 3rd programs running ? Do they all work after restarting GSX ?

If it's just Ezdok, it's clear the problem is happening inside it, and I suspect it has something to do with the way it handles the keyboard, because ALL users that reported problems with Ezdok so far, they ALL fixed it by being sure there were no key conflict.

But again, since the program that has stopped to work is NOT GSX, you should really ask the question to Ezdok support too, and see if they have some ideas about it.

bobsk8

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 04:30:52 pm »
Try assigning the Hotkey in GSX as Ctrl F1, and use that to open GSX menu.  Now after you use GSX for pushback, and it is finished, quickly open and close the GSX menu with the hotkey ( Ctrl F1) and see if that doesn't fix your problem.

Driver170

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 09:13:37 pm »
Guys its not even about keys. I request push and start my clicking on the menu and my ezdok stops responding.

FSX doesn't use the W key

Driver170

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 09:34:47 pm »
But in FSX nothing is assigned to W key or in EZDOK?

Driver170

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 11:28:41 pm »
I never had this problem with FSX. Only with P3D V3. EZDOK BETA version

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 12:29:13 am »
Guys its not even about keys. I request push and start my clicking on the menu and my ezdok stops responding.

That's looks like an ezdok problem. Again: IS GSX working ?

FSX doesn't use the W key

Yes, it does. When in 2D cockpit mode, it toggles between 3 different instrument viewing modes.

Only with P3D V3. EZDOK BETA version

I guess the BETA is called as such for some reason. Again: have you TRIED asking to Ezdok developers ? I haven't even know that software, I ONLY reported that ALL users that had issues with it, fixed by changing the key assignments.

Driver170

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 12:57:48 am »
Not help at all. Posted on it a while ago! Will have to drop GSX for now untill there is a fix.

bobsk8

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 01:01:33 am »
Not help at all. Posted on it a while ago! Will have to drop GSX for now untill there is a fix.

I use Ezdok with GSX and P3D V3 with no problems. The problem is not GSX....

Driver170

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 01:04:17 am »
So what is the problem i'm running round in circles lol so frustrating! How did you get it setup? FSX it works perfectly