Author Topic: Missing Vehicles **SOLVED**  (Read 3787 times)

crab453

Missing Vehicles **SOLVED**
« on: November 10, 2015, 11:15:33 pm »
Hi, I'm using this in P3D v3 and the PMDG 777 and am having issues with vehicles missing. I'll have cartons entering/exiting the bay with no loader, missing stairs, etc. Some of these are at FSDT sceneries. I'm curious if it has to do with the vehicle update installs. I did try and install all of them, but all but the last two (which open and install normally) close shortly after opening without action. I'm not sure if they're all even needed, but was too curious if that issue (the installers closing early) had anything to do with me using Windows 10. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:23:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:16:53 pm »
You must have a problem with the update installers (as indicated in your message) and/or downloaded the wrong ones (not correct for the date of the full installer you have).

Just use the latest full GSX installer, it should fix every problem with missing vehicles.

crab453

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 11:22:56 pm »
I was just about to edit my post that I did uninstall/reinstall without success. I'll download the newest version I can find (I downloaded my current on 10/23) and install clean. Will I need any vehicle update files after that?

crab453

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 11:51:33 pm »
I did a full reinstall and noticed something I forgot before...Right now I have all vehicles showing up except the front container loader. Nothing is there, and no cargo is moving.

Edit: I'm only seeing this at KJFK at American's gate showing as 846. So may just be something with that location.

I guess my remaining question is just with downloading the latest version from your page, will I still need any vehicle update files, and if so, which?

Thanks again
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 12:03:12 am by crab453 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 12:10:20 am »
Edit: I'm only seeing this at KJFK at American's gate showing as 846. So may just be something with that location.

Some vehicles have parking spot radius restrictions.

I guess my remaining question is just with downloading the latest version from your page, will I still need any vehicle update files, and if so, which?

The full installer is always fully updated with everything.

crab453

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 12:31:16 am »
Excellent. Thank you for the quick replies.

Another question if I may. I see previous questions referring to the PMDG 777 and the fact that P3D's jetways attach to L2. However, GSX requests door L1 to be opened. Replies guide us to edit the cfg file to swap the doors and this has worked for people. When I use the editor, I see it is sourcing the aircraft info from the internal GSX database, and no cfg file exists in the aircraft's folder. Is there another file I should be looking into, or is there a newer method?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 12:39:47 am »
When I use the editor, I see it is sourcing the aircraft info from the internal GSX database, and no cfg file exists in the aircraft's folder. Is there another file I should be looking into, or is there a newer method?

You can swap the doors in the editor, by exchanging their parameters. When you save the file, a GSX.CFG file is create in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder.

The aircraft folder it's normally used by airplane developers if they want to supply a GSX configuration file that has less risks to be destroyed by user mistakes because, when you use the "Reset" button to undo all your changes, it will remove ONLY the file created by *you* in the %APPDATA% folder, NOT the one in the aircraft folder (which is supposed to be provided by the airplane developer), so you don't have to start from scratch, but from the configuration supplied by the airplane developer. Assuming there IS one, of course...

crab453

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 01:11:18 am »
When I use the editor, I see it is sourcing the aircraft info from the internal GSX database, and no cfg file exists in the aircraft's folder. Is there another file I should be looking into, or is there a newer method?

You can swap the doors in the editor, by exchanging their parameters. When you save the file, a GSX.CFG file is create in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder.

The aircraft folder it's normally used by airplane developers if they want to supply a GSX configuration file that has less risks to be destroyed by user mistakes because, when you use the "Reset" button to undo all your changes, it will remove ONLY the file created by *you* in the %APPDATA% folder, NOT the one in the aircraft folder (which is supposed to be provided by the airplane developer), so you don't have to start from scratch, but from the configuration supplied by the airplane developer. Assuming there IS one, of course...

Understood, worked perfectly. Thanks again for all the help!