Author Topic: HELP, My FSDT sceneries not working anymore ! *FOUND SOLUTION !  (Read 10359 times)

N55211

Re: HELP, My FSDT sceneries not working anymore ! *FOUND SOLUTION !
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 06:03:10 pm »
Ok, here's what I've found so far.   I still haven't tried the fix suggested above yet.  I want to try to isolate when and where the problem occurs of when GSX shuts down and Couatl disappears from the drop down menu first.

It looks like the main culprit is PMDG B777 and only disappears at the 'Boarding' point.   If I choose to just re-fuel, no problem.  When I then select to 'Board Passengers' it starts and the trucks roll up to the plane then disappear and Couatl disappears from the menu.

I tried it with a few other aircraft and found these results:

PMDG 737NGX - no problems
CS 757 & 767 - no problems
Airbus X Extended - no problems
Level-D 767 - Couatl appears in menu but can not use Ctrl-F12.  Nothing happens.  (this may be due to a key mapping conflict though with LVLD)
PMDG 747 - Sometimes GSX works ok for re-fueling and disappears when Boarding and Couatl disappears from menu, other times, Couatl appears in menu but Ctrl-F12 does nothing
PMDG 777 - GSX works ok for re-fueling and disappears when Boarding and Couatl disappears from menu

I did enable logging in the Troubleshooting section and checked the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.  There was an .ERR file in there but it showed last modified on 5/22/12 so I removed it and re-ran FSX for the problem and kept checking to see if a new one was created, but no, a new one is not created after GSX shutsdown and disappears.

For now, I'm just using the Re-fuel and pushback option and not choosing 'Boarding' to prevent it from closing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 06:34:15 pm »
For now, I'm just using the Re-fuel and pushback option and not choosing 'Boarding' to prevent it from closing.

According to your own report, closing on boarding happens only with the PMDG 747 and 777. They are fully supported so, the problem must be you have a configuration file for them you made or downloaded which is not correct.

- Use the GSX Airplane configuration utility and select the RESET option to discard all customizations and use the one that comes with GSX, for BOTH planes. You will have to do with for both normal and Freighter variants of both planes.

- Be sure you haven't manually put a GSX.CFG in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747 FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777 folders. If there is one, remove it too.

- Restart "Couatl" to apply all changes after you Reset the configurations.

N55211

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 12:31:07 am »
Well, just a followup to my issue here.  Never really did figure it out.  I checked for an .ERR file when trucks would disappear but there never was one.  I tried to check if there was a custom configuration change other than what is set by GSX but couldn't determine.  (I don't know even know about custom configs though.)

Anyway, long story short, with the latest GSX update, the problem seems to have fixed itself and the process works through the whole boarding process.   :)  Patience is a virtue!!   ;D