Author Topic: Multiple FSDT and FB installs but Coutli fails to run  (Read 2956 times)

keino333

Multiple FSDT and FB installs but Coutli fails to run
« on: October 28, 2015, 06:41:12 pm »
Good day.
I recently upgraded to Prepar3D v3 and installed FSDT KLAXv2, CYVR, and FB KSFO HD successfully and with working GSX.  I then continued on to install the remaining scenery from both companies and the Qwings 757.   I followed the recommendations of both websites to deactivate the antivirus and appointed the respective files to be bypassed during a typical scan.  But, to no avail, GSX and Coutli would not load into the dropped down menu after; seemingly, every smooth install and Launch of Prepar3D.  My question is.... would the issue be compounded by the Qwing (non-supported install) install or should it be necessary for me to install the scenery from oldest to newest (thinking that only the latest scenery would contain the most currently Coutli/GSX files ?  Or is there something else that needs to be considered when installing these scenery in sequence?

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Multiple FSDT and FB installs but Coutli fails to run
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 10:33:10 am »
I recently upgraded to Prepar3D v3 and installed FSDT KLAXv2, CYVR, and FB KSFO HD successfully and with working GSX.

So they work.

I then continued on to install the remaining scenery from both companies and the Qwings 757.   I followed the recommendations of both websites to deactivate the antivirus and appointed the respective files to be bypassed during a typical scan.  But, to no avail, GSX and Coutli would not load into the dropped down menu after

Are you saying that, the previously working GSX and other sceneries, stop to work AS SOON you install the Qwings 757 ?

would the issue be compounded by the Qwing (non-supported install) install or should it be necessary for me to install the scenery from oldest to newest (thinking that only the latest scenery would contain the most currently Coutli/GSX files ?  Or is there something else that needs to be considered when installing these scenery in sequence?

The sequence doesn't matter, since ALL installers (WE made the QW757 installer!) downloads and installs the same file form the same location (our own server). In addition to that, the QW757 DOES NOT download, install or contains Couatl so, it shouldn't have any effect on it.

But, it's possible that, if a defective antivirus or firewall is blocking the download, the QW757 installer might not be able to download and install the latest version of the files so, if you are getting an older version of them, they might conflict with each other.

Yes, you said you deactivated the antivirus, but it wouldn't be the first time we saw antivirus so bugged, that still block files even when they are disabled (and with no warning, Norton does that for example, and the only way to know it has blocked a file when disabled, is to check its log), and it wouldn't be the first time an user has two antivirus installed together without even knowing.

Disable ALL firewall and antivirus while downloading and installing. If you have a 3rd party antivirus and the default Windows Defender, be sure you are not running both (very bad for performances) and disable and configure them both.

keino333

Re: Multiple FSDT and FB installs but Coutli fails to run
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 06:23:24 am »
Yes, they work superbly...minor issues like KIAH autogen buildings floating on arrival from MMMX (T2G).  But when I restart the sim from KIAH no issues.  I think terrain issue persist at KLAS..but its better in V3 than both V2.5 and FSX.

I installed all of the scenery from FSDT and FB then installed GSX....as per directions (off firewall and antivirus while installing).  All working extremely marvelous

Not even gonna attempt QQwings...It had a texture mapping issue and no way will I go through the reinstall like that again...