Author Topic: Canadian Airports  (Read 7632 times)

Just Caliber

Canadian Airports
« on: October 27, 2015, 05:46:27 pm »
There are 3 different products covering the Hawaiian Islands so I was thinking why not do it for Vancouver Island and lower mainland as an expansion. Victoria International airport (YYJ), Nanaimo Airport (YCD), Duncan Aerodrome (CAM3) Port Hardy (YTZ), Abbotsford International airport (YXX). Also why not make more major Canadian airports like Calgary or Edmonton or Halifax. It's a lot I know but there seems to be a lack of Canadian airports HD scenery in the flight sim world. I know Fly Tampa made YUL and YYZ and FSDT made YVR But that's pretty much it for Canadian HD airports.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Canadian Airports
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 11:03:05 pm »
 There's some really awesome freeware scenery for CYYJ, CYCD, CYXX, CZBB, CYBL and CYQQ available already.

They work great with FSX and all versions of P3d http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?JS=TRUE

Just Caliber

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 07:49:40 pm »
These are the ones I already have

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 12:24:52 am »
 I can see a market for a good Calgary but the other larger airports in Canada are already available. Look towards ORBX for tiny airports like Port Hardy or Duncan.

Sammy

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 02:30:52 am »
I agree. I would like to see more Canadian airports ,like Calgary(CYYC), Halifax(CYHZ), Ottawa(CYOW), just to name a few. Keep waiting but never happens.

ywg256

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 12:56:09 am »
I'm with you and really surprised that to date CYYC has not been attempted by any of the well known developers.  In my opinion it would be a big seller. maybe one day..

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 02:48:42 pm »
It's a couple years old now, but there is a payware version available.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 04:08:11 pm »
 The Simaddon's CYYC I bought and used for a week. I really didn't like it, the colours of the terrain have an almost nuclear glow compared to both ORBX and default. The scenery itself (ie airport buildings etc) also wasn't up to par for today's addons.

ywg256

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 05:53:50 pm »
It's a couple years old now, but there is a payware version available.

I too have that scenery and while it beats default, it is nowhere close to the quality it deserves from one of the more well known developers.  For the size of airport, I really am shocked no one out there has looked at it and I am sure it would sell very well...probably in line with FT's CYUL.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 02:37:39 pm »
They probably aren't looking at it because what they've done in Canada isn't selling that well.  They go where the money is.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Sammy

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 06:24:27 pm »
I wonder if lets say, Houston KIAH sold more than CYVR because if it did your right Bruce. If it did't, I would like to know why Canadian airports are being done.

ywg256

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 12:33:33 am »
They probably aren't looking at it because what they've done in Canada isn't selling that well.  They go where the money is.

boooooooooooooooo! I'd like to hear Umberto's thoughts on CYVR sales vs KIAH ,etc as well in general.

If that's the case, oh well..there are enough payware places to fly to that it's not the end of the world anyway.  If it ever happens great...If not oh well.  Simaddons is at least a decent filler for now.