Author Topic: Requesting Aviator ground handling in all of Norway **SOLVED**  (Read 4384 times)

p3dx3

Requesting Aviator ground handling in all of Norway **SOLVED**
« on: October 21, 2015, 07:57:25 am »
For the next GSX update can you add Aviator as a ground handling option for every EN__ airport? They serve most of Norway. Thank you
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:38:22 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Requesting Aviator ground handling in all of Norway
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 09:38:16 am »
For the next GSX update can you add Aviator as a ground handling option for every EN__ airport? They serve most of Norway.

Aviator has been added to GSX since August. If you don't see it, either you haven't downloaded the latest vehicle update, or another operator has an higher score on the scenery and the parking you tried.

As explained on the GSX manual, the Live Update can only update GSX code. To get new liveries, models, textures and sound, you must download either the vehicle update installers, or the full GSX installer.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 07:16:03 pm »
For the next GSX update can you add Aviator as a ground handling option for every EN__ airport? They serve most of Norway.

Aviator has been added to GSX since August. If you don't see it, either you haven't downloaded the latest vehicle update, or another operator has an higher score on the scenery and the parking you tried.

As explained on the GSX manual, the Live Update can only update GSX code. To get new liveries, models, textures and sound, you must download either the vehicle update installers, or the full GSX installer.

I do have the latest version. I am at ENTC and it does not come up, only Norwegian. At some other airports it does appear. Is the config file for all airports with EN?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 07:51:56 pm »
I do have the latest version. I am at ENTC and it does not come up, only Norwegian. At some other airports it does appear. Is the config file for all airports with EN?

It does come up at ENTC.

If it doesn't in your scenery (I'm using default), it's likely because the parking has a NAX parking code, but I doubt it will have an Aviator parking code too, since it's not part of the list that comes with ADE and it doesn't have an IATA code so, in your case, NAX is "winning" with an higher score, due to the parking code.

That's because we set it up to every airport with a EN* name, so it's 2 points everywhere in Norway, in addition to ENBR, ENGM, ENTO, ENZV and ENVA, which will get 4 points.

We can add more airports, to be sure it doesn't get beaten in score by parking codes found in 3rd party sceneries...or you can do it yourself, of course, by editing the SIM.CFG of all vehicles, adding ENTC to the couatl.atc_icaoprefixes line.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 10:15:06 pm »

It does come up at ENTC.

If it doesn't in your scenery (I'm using default), it's likely because the parking has a NAX parking code, but I doubt it will have an Aviator parking code too, since it's not part of the list that comes with ADE and it doesn't have an IATA code so, in your case, NAX is "winning" with an higher score, due to the parking code.

That's because we set it up to every airport with a EN* name, so it's 2 points everywhere in Norway, in addition to ENBR, ENGM, ENTO, ENZV and ENVA, which will get 4 points.

We can add more airports, to be sure it doesn't get beaten in score by parking codes found in 3rd party sceneries...or you can do it yourself, of course, by editing the SIM.CFG of all vehicles, adding ENTC to the couatl.atc_icaoprefixes line.

Norwegian use all contractors for ground handling, so they do not have any of their own. Can you put Aviator for NAX in all of Norway? Also they use Aviator at EGKK and EKCH.  Do not know about who they use in Sweden and Finland. I will do it myself in the meantime but would be great to have it in a future update, since every time I make any small changes, it all gets overwritten with a new update.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 10:16:38 pm by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 10:20:45 pm »
Can you put Aviator for NAX in all of Norway

What do you mean, removing NAX altogether and replacing it with Aviator ? It's not so nice to remove an operator...

Also they use Aviator at EGKK and EKCH.  Do not know about who they use in Sweden and Finland.

We were only discussing about Norway but, if you had a look at the SIM.CFGs, you would see it was also assigned to ES* EK* with 2 points and EKCH and ESSA with 4 points. But yes, I'll check the website and will add all the missing airports...