Author Topic: Warning to MyTraffic users  (Read 7494 times)

earnorbust

Warning to MyTraffic users
« on: November 15, 2008, 04:30:06 pm »
After much painstaking effort I finally found out why all my FSDreamteam and Cloud9 airports had misplaced buildings and stand alone gates with wrongly parked planes.

This ugly scenery messup happens when you use "MyTraffic" and have the MyTraffic scenery file above (higher priority) any FSDreamteam or Cloud9 airport entries in the FSX scenery library. Lowering the MyTraffic scenery file behind the airports works fine and shows perfect building, gate allignment and AI traffic again!

I don't know which product is causing this problem - but it works!

I hope I have helped someone with a similar problem.

Greetings to all  8)
Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Warning to MyTraffic users
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 04:48:57 pm »
This ugly scenery messup happens when you use "MyTraffic" and have the MyTraffic scenery file above (higher priority) any FSDreamteam or Cloud9 airport entries in the FSX scenery library.

Yes, this is to be expected. Traffic packages that come with AFCAD files (to handle parking spots for all the different companies), usually include AFCADs based on the default airports, just with different/more parking assignements.

So, unless they include an AFCAD which was specifically designed for 3rd party addon airport, it's always best to put the airport on top of the Scenery Library or, at least, at an higher priority than the files that come with the Traffic package.

thepilot

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:41:35 pm »
There is a solution that is easier, cheaper and better-looking:

http://world-of-ai.com/

earnorbust

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 05:47:57 pm »
Well... I can understand the traffic being misplaced, but please explain how your terminal buildings get moved?!

Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 09:24:07 pm »
It might be that it looked like our buildings were moved but, instead, they were still at the usual place but, with another AFCAD below, the taxiways/aprons/parkings were coming from that one instead.

TWA Pilot

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 03:12:32 pm »

I had Ultimate Traffic......At the time it was great, but you had to buy updates, and well to be honest the paint jobs were not the greatest.....
WOI came along, WOW what a huge dirrerence! Dumped UT and have been enjoying the World of AI since!
My suggestion, dump My Traffic and get with WOAI!!!!!

Cheers,
Doug

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 03:17:49 am »

for easier, umm, no. I fooled around with Woai for months with no results, while the last two may be true, I was able to install and see nice aircraft instantly.

Silverbird

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 05:05:48 pm »
I love world of ai but it takes way to much time to install all the packages, and you still have a bunch of airlines still missing. I haven't purchased a payware ai traffic  package yet  but I will soon especially for fsx native models.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR