Author Topic: FSX Crashes after installing fsdt scenery **SOLVED**  (Read 3873 times)

sfs56

FSX Crashes after installing fsdt scenery **SOLVED**
« on: October 09, 2015, 04:54:21 pm »
Hi, I'm hoping for some help solving my problem.  I've purchased scenery and GSM from FSDT (klas) and FSdream Team ( kden, ksfohd).....but after downloading and installing, when I launch FSX, it crashes.  I am using the latest version of EZDOK and I get a message that is in a box labeled EZDOK ADDON.  The message says "FSX process not found. FSX_handle:0"

If I uninstall the addon manager, scenery, gsx etc, I can launch and use FSX without problem.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  I'd really like to use gsx and these airport sceneries.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 09:12:51 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Crashes after installing fsdt scenery and standalone addon manager
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 04:59:23 pm »
This problem usually means your firewall / antivirus has blocked the download of the complete set of files we need, so you now have a mix-match between old/new files together, because the firewall or the antivirus has blocked some files but let install others.

Turn off your antivirus and firewall and run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer again.

sfs56

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 07:14:16 pm »
Thanks for the quick response.  I did have antivirus turned off, but I'm not sure about the firewall.
I'll check that, will try again and let you know what happens.

sfs56

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 09:10:57 pm »
My bad...... Had the firewall on. Installed fine when I deactivated it.
I did run into the problem with the ddl file, but I followed procedure mentioned on this forum for putting the Addon Manager module first in the launch sequence in the ddl...... And no more issues or FSX crashes.

Love the scenery----thanks again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 09:12:43 pm »
I followed procedure mentioned on this forum for putting the Addon Manager module first in the launch sequence in the ddl...... And no more issues or FSX crashes.

The current Stand-Alone Addon Manager does that automatically. Like it always did...it's just that, for a brief time, we had an installer that didn't do that, because of a problem with some specific language Windows versions, which we fixed in a different way now.

In any case, good to know the problem has been fixed for you.