Author Topic: Active Sky Next conflicting with GSX  (Read 3032 times)

aw757

Active Sky Next conflicting with GSX
« on: October 08, 2015, 04:23:17 pm »
I need help! When I'm running Active Sky Next and choose to run one of the GSX services such as re-fuel, catering it will crash fsx and say there is no disk in the drive even though I'm running FSX: Steam Edition.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Active Sky Next conflicting with GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 04:35:31 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with Active Sky. Reinstall GSX now, because we had a problem in the last update with the Steam version, which should be fixed now.

aw757

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 09:58:39 pm »
Hello, I have reinstalled it today and still had no joy. I re-installed with both firewall and antivirus off too. Although when I do re-install it it doesn't ask if I want to allow coutal to run even though it use to. Also it does work, however as soon as I run Active Sky Next and request a service it crashes with the message to insert cd into drive even though I run steam edition
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:05:01 pm by aw757 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 01:42:48 pm »
Although when I do re-install it it doesn't ask if I want to allow coutal to run even though it use to.

So you don't  even HAVE the Couatl menu anymore ? Or it doens't ask you because you fixed the EXE.XML to change the <ManualLoad> tag to False, in order NOT to have FSX:SE keep asking if you want to launch Couatl.exe, which is a fix that has been suggested here ?

Also it does work, however as soon as I run Active Sky Next and request a service it crashes with the message to insert cd into drive even though I run steam edition

If with "request a service", you mean a GSX service, then it seems Couatl is running correctly. Note that, the Steam fix doesn't relate IN ANY WAY to Couatl.exe. It was an Addon Manager fix, so it requires an updated bglmanx.dll file.

Please re-run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX installer now, to be absolutely sure you have the current (fixed) bglmanx.dll file.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, instead with "as soon as I run Active Sky Next and request a service". You mean you start Active Sky Next manually, and then you start a GSX service ? Does this mean GSX won't crash if you DO NOT start Active Sky  ?

The CD message is something cannot possibly related in any way to any of our products, do you have a screenshot of it ?