Author Topic: How about KDTW-Detroit Wayne County  (Read 3774 times)

Captain Fred

How about KDTW-Detroit Wayne County
« on: October 03, 2015, 04:15:41 pm »
I would like to make a suggestion of doing Detroit-Wayne County Airport as well as your KLAX. As a Delta Airlines hub, KDTW is a major airport
and seeing that there is no decent rendition of the airport I turn to FSDT. There have been rumors that a group called Sunskyjet Sceneries is working
on a KDTW but this has been over two years and still no word on when if, at all, will it be released.  Thanks.

Dimon

Re: How about KDTW-Detroit Wayne County
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 06:29:29 pm »
Shez is working on freeware version since 2013 (if i'm not mistaken)
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 05:03:02 am »
Shez is working on freeware version since 2013 (if i'm not mistaken)

Ian and Shez are working on it, but scenery development isn't a full-time job for them so it's taking a while. I believe they're almost done though.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Dominato83

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 06:13:18 am »
I would like to make a suggestion of doing Detroit-Wayne County Airport as well as your KLAX. As a Delta Airlines hub, KDTW is a major airport
and seeing that there is no decent rendition of the airport I turn to FSDT. There have been rumors that a group called Sunskyjet Sceneries is working
on a KDTW but this has been over two years and still no word on when if, at all, will it be released.  Thanks.
It will be done, trust me.  Ian and Shez are doing the same workload as FSDT is and doing it part-time, not full-time.  So FSDT releases a scenery once a year or so, so two-three years for some parttimers to put together a high quality scenery is acceptable.

Captain Fred

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 04:06:47 pm »
Ok granted it does take considerable time and effort to produce decent scenery, however, if both of them should
have realized that undertaking such an enormous and complicated airport would be difficult. Right now, Detroit Metro is undergoing
updates and expansion, by the time they get the scenery finished it will be out of date. Like I suggested in my post on the website,
finish it now and any "enhancements" can be done with updates. Finally, I don't get the idea of producing other airports when "time" is
short and this larger project is not finished.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 02:52:11 am »
Ok granted it does take considerable time and effort to produce decent scenery, however, if both of them should
have realized that undertaking such an enormous and complicated airport would be difficult. Right now, Detroit Metro is undergoing
updates and expansion, by the time they get the scenery finished it will be out of date. Like I suggested in my post on the website,
finish it now and any "enhancements" can be done with updates. Finally, I don't get the idea of producing other airports when "time" is
short and this larger project is not finished.

Perhaps you should learn scenery design and start developing your own airports. Then you will have complete control of all facets of the process, from the amount of time it takes to complete to the accuracy and detail levels. Like the saying goes, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Btw, I find it hard to complain about a product that is going to most likely be payware quality and free.