Author Topic: GSX Crash FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 6716 times)

Tanner

GSX Crash FSX **SOLVED**
« on: October 03, 2015, 10:45:37 am »
Hello!!!
I 'a long time that does not use the simulator, and this morning I find the pleasant surprise that GSX no longer works. I followed the uninstall deleting folders can contain files and reinstalled GSX using the full installer.
Initiating a flight loaded or creating a new one from the parking engines off, it did not have time to start it I get a nice error message.

http://i.imgur.com/WUCyNUV.jpg

There is no way to proceed because the error recurs after restarting couatl. The only way you do not restart it, not being able to then use GSX.

This is a log of the error:

couatl v3.0 (build 3185)
panic log started on Sat Oct 03 10:41:03 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'LIPE', 'User Pos': (44.52988853646637, 11.295680185248747, 39.8668 m, 2.37676 m, 207.03504953467404)}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_Traffic_Cone1'
{'Airport': 'LIPE', 'User Pos': (44.52988853646637, 11.295680185248747, 39.8668 m, 2.37676 m, 207.03504953467404)}

And this is another one that I appeared:

couatl v3.0 (build 3185)
panic log started on Sat Oct 03 10:34:25 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'LIPE', 'User Pos': (44.53028000973589, 11.29596158364538, 39.8667 m, 2.37666 m, 207.17164346002184)}

What happens and how to solve ??

Thank you

Giovanni
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:01:11 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crash FSX
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 10:39:49 pm »

Tanner

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 11:16:01 am »
Hello Umberto,

I had already read the post that I have reported trying to follow the instructions without success.

I tried again another time but the situation does not change, just start FSX keeps comparirmi error preventing me to use the simulator.

I uninstalled completely eliminating GSX folders remain.

I downloaded and installed the full installer from the main page of GSX, started the simulator to test but without success.

I then downloaded the latest update of the vehicles always from the main site, started the simulator but the problem remains.

As a final test, I downloaded Standalone Addon Manager, but the problem has worsened. Now even before pressing CTRL + SHIFT + F12 shows the error.

What should I do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 11:26:29 am »
As a final test, I downloaded Standalone Addon Manager, but the problem has worsened. Now even before pressing CTRL + SHIFT + F12 shows the error.

With "shows the error", you mean the SAME error as before ? If yes, then sorry, I can only repeat and confirm the problem is caused by not having installed the current version of GSX.

On top of that, with the current version of GSX, if you forgot to download the vehicles, you should see a warning in game about missing traffic cones, but NOT a error that would cause GSX stop to work so, something is not right in your system, or you are mixing old and new version of the installer (or other FSDT products installers) for some reason.

If you have other FSDT products, you cannot installed them *after* GSX, unless you redownload them all. If you download the current installers, the installation order won't matter anymore.

Tanner

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 11:39:51 am »
Umberto exactly, is the same mistake as before, there is no way out unfortunately.

Kindly tell me after you uninstall GSX what should I download and install between these three and possibly in what order (because I do not understand anything):

Full Installer, Update Of the Vehicles and Standalone Addon Manager.

I would create even more confusion by installing something that is not needed.

I installed other products FSDT, what should I do? remove these and install them after GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 11:50:24 am »
Kindly tell me after you uninstall GSX what should I download and install between these three and possibly in what order (because I do not understand anything):

Full Installer, Update Of the Vehicles and Standalone Addon Manager.

If you download the full installer now, you only need to install THAT one, and nothing else.

The vehicle updates are needed ONLY if you DO NOT download and install the full installer, but updated GSX with Live Update, which is why the advice to install the vehicles is on the Live Update release notes.

But again, even if you are still missing the Traffic cones, you are NOT supposed to see that error: you should see a warning suggesting to install them, but GSX would then proceed normally. That's why I'm saying you are overwriting something with something older.

Tanner

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 11:56:47 am »
The first trial I did yesterday was precisely to remove GSX and install only the Full Installer but the error remained the same.

Before removing GSX again, it removes the other products FSDT ?? Manually deleting the folders left?

The installed products can then download them from the main site.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 12:02:01 pm »
The first trial I did yesterday was precisely to remove GSX and install only the Full Installer but the error remained the same.

You said you installed GSX with the full installer, but this doesn't necessarily mean that:

- You *downloaded* the current installer now

- You are really installing what you just downloaded. I seen this first-hand on a Teamviewer session: the user downloaded the file from our site, then it went to the wrong folder, and launched an installer he downloaded a year before.

Before removing GSX again, it removes the other products FSDT ?? Manually deleting the folders left?

I only said to NOT install FSDT products using older installer AFTER GSX.

As I've said:

- if you have other FSDT products and you want to install them for some reason, if you want to reinstall them using old installers, you must be sure you install GSX LAST.

- If, instead, you re-download all the installers for FSDT products again now, the installation order won't matter anymore, and you can install anything in any order you want.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 12:06:21 pm »
There's another possible cause of this problem, which doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and might be your FSX.CFG missing the default Simobject\Misc folder, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7113.msg60122.html#msg60122

This explains why you don't see the graceful warning about the missing Traffic cone with the suggestion to download the vehicle updates: the GSX code CAN see the file, so it assume your installation is fine, but FSX *itself* cannot create the object, because something has messed up your FSX.CFG.

Tanner

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 12:17:12 pm »
Thanks Umberto, I solved even I as listed in the post you reported.