Author Topic: Hello Umberto re: eSelleratengine  (Read 4449 times)

spinker

Hello Umberto re: eSelleratengine
« on: October 02, 2015, 02:27:18 am »
I originaly posted this on the ORBX forum they suggested that I contact Umberto at FSDT about this problem (see below).

After having my computer checked for viruses and bad files by my computer support company using the following programs, AdwCleaner_2, ComboFix.exe,  JRT_2.exe.

I found that when starting FSX I am now getting a strange error message "eSellerateEngine" "not found" . After 10 clicks message disappears and FSX loading  continues.

Can anybody tell me where I could find this file and is it necessary to have it.

NEW MESSAGE

In FSX when I go into add-ons then addon manager I find Virtuali and a list of addons I have purchased In "FSDreamteam" over a long period of time. there I have about 10 sceneries that I have purchased including GSX.

When I click on a particular scenery "Geneva" for example it says "Product installed in TRIAL mode" it seems that every product I have purchased is in trial mode.

When I click on the  "register serial" box it shows my serial number but when I click on that to show the product is registered The message I get is "eSelleratengine" not found. Im sure you know what is happening I am hopeing you will be able to help me correct this problem.

Thank you,

spinker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hello Umberto re: eSelleratengine
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 02:30:58 am »
This problem is caused by having set a "Compatibility" mode for FSX.EXE, such as XP under Windows 7/8 or Windows 7 under Windows 10 etc., which shouldn't be set and it's not how FSX installed by default.

Go to the file properties for FSX.EXE, select the Compatibility tab, and be sure that nothing is enabled on that page.

spinker

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 07:04:16 pm »
Thank you Umberto,

Nothing is checked in the FSX properties/compatibility page.

What should I look for next?

spinker

spinker

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 07:19:55 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Are we done???

Need to fix this problem, spent a lot of money on these programs that now will not work.
Went into Geneva to try, buildings are missing.

If you are busy just let me know i will wait.

spinker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 10:32:10 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm this problem is caused by a Compatibility setting in most of the caese.

Another possible issue is: have you installed another product requiring Esellerate ? Maybe Wideview or Key2Mouse ? They used to wrongly install the outdated XP version into your C:\Windows folder, which will block the installation of the (correct) version our installers install (because only you can install stuff into C:\Windows).

In this case, you must search if you have an Esellerateengine.dll file in your C:\Windows folder, remove it manually, and uninstall any product that use this version, because it might replace it again with the outdated version when it starts.

spinker

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 03:20:55 am »
i have to apologize I did not give you the complete info.

The eSelleratengine problem was a result of a blue screen dropout which has not been fixed yet. When I restarted FSX and started FSX the eSelleratengine errors started loading originally there were 10 notices now it seems to be down to 5 mesages.

Checking my addons file is where I found the Dreamflight files is were I found they were all listed in trial mode.

I have never gone into the fsx properties menu to make any changes.
Since I have not found a fix for my blue screen problem, they continue maybe I should not try to fix my eSelleratengine problem now but I would like to know how I would be able to fix that problem.

I searched in my C:Windows folder and did not find a Esellerateengine.dll file.

spinker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 11:32:16 am »
The eSelleratengine problem was a result of a blue screen dropout which has not been fixed yet. When I restarted FSX and started FSX the eSelleratengine errors started loading originally there were 10 notices now it seems to be down to 5 mesages.

What notices ?

Checking my addons file is where I found the Dreamflight files is were I found they were all listed in trial mode.

Who's Dreamflight ?

I have never gone into the fsx properties menu to make any changes.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't go NOW in the properties to check if they are correct. Sometimes the Compatibility flags are set by Windows itself automatically, especially after a crash.

Since I have not found a fix for my blue screen problem, they continue maybe I should not try to fix my eSelleratengine problem now but I would like to know how I would be able to fix that problem.

The Blue screen problem is way worse, and it's probably a symptom of a larger issue, and the Esellerate problem might be a small consequence of it. Maybe it's time to reinstall Windows.

spinker

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 06:27:13 pm »

Hello Umberto,

I am going to put my eSelleratengine problem on hold for now until I can correct my blue screen problem.

I have FSX installed on a 4tb SSHD hybrid drive and I am finding that the computer is not always seeing the drive or losing contact with it while flying causing FSX to crash or FSX will not start at all.

I have a replacement drive coming tonight, hopefully it may solve my problem.

spinker