Author Topic: GSX Update Not Updating  (Read 2824 times)

downscc

GSX Update Not Updating
« on: October 01, 2015, 01:18:00 am »
I've checked for updates, it says I'm up to date.
The couatl.log indicates I've got v3.0 build 3171.
I keep getting errors that require restarting couatl. For example, select gate at KIAH (FSDT) and after I decline follow-me couatl fails and I select restart from couatl message box.

I came here looking for others with same problem. Yup. Found at least two threads where OP has same version as I do and you say we must update.

Maybe your updater needs a tweak?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Update Not Updating
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:34:54 am »
I've checked for updates, it says I'm up to date. The couatl.log indicates I've got v3.0 build 3171.

As explained on the GSX manual ( the explanation between minor and major update ), the Live Update cannot update Couatl.exe, because it would require to write over itself, something which is not possible while the program is running.

To get the latest Couatl.exe, you must exit from FSX and download and install either the Stand-Alone Addon Manager OR run the full GSX installer.

after I decline follow-me couatl fails and I select restart from couatl message box.

This doesn't necessarily mean the problem is caused by not having the latest version of the .exe. If you have a message box prompting you to restart (which ALSO suggest to "download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager), that message doesn't say JUST that, it will also prompt you to open Notepad to see the error LOG.

If you failed to check your error log when you were prompted to do it, you can read it in the following location:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.ERR

This includes details of the error, that you should have posted here, so we can understand the problem.

downscc

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:15:14 pm »
Good feedback. Thanks.
I'll get the latest GSX.

Yes, I did check the logs. It failed on loading a SimObject pushback object for KIAH... since I was taxiing in from a landing and initiating a parking marshaller this made no sense to me. Third time I quit P3D and reloaded at same point in session GSX worked normally.

And so it has been, I get an error. I end my simulator session, restart and GSX works.

There are several things about the latest that I really like like obviously the much better parsing to build your cache, good job! Also, the marshaller on a step ladder guiding my B777 into the spot is a nice touch, I can now remain in the virtual cockpit and see him at the same time. Very nice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 11:07:20 pm »
Yes, I did check the logs. It failed on loading a SimObject pushback object for KIAH... since I was taxiing in from a landing and initiating a parking marshaller this made no sense to me.

That's normal: all vehicles needed at a parking are being created when you select it. It would be best if you could post the error log text, maybe there's a problem with a specific livery.