Author Topic: Windows rejects GSX Full Installer **SOLVED**  (Read 2725 times)

Cfoley

Windows rejects GSX Full Installer **SOLVED**
« on: October 01, 2015, 06:34:07 am »
Recently I began having problems with GSX when it came to unloading luggage. (loading works fine)  after arrival at the destination airport, when the luggage ramps would come in place,  I would get an a pop up message: "The add on (Unknown) causing to Coutl scripting Engine to restart.  Please download the latest Stand Alone Manager"  I would reinstall the Stand Alone Manager and continue with the baggage unloading, but as soon as the luggage ramps came into place, the same thing would happen.  This is taking place at the LatinVFR KSAN.   Also, when I get into FSX,  Coutl in the add on menu is missing on several occasions and I would reinstall the Stand Alone manager and latest GSX vehicles   But that has not helped.  I try to install the "Full Installer".  After downloading I would selected "Run As Administrator",  but I get the following message "Windows cannot find C:/users/Socfac800/downloads/gsx_fsx_?.exe'.make sure you typed the name correctly then try again."  I don't understand that message.  Usually downloading is automatic and I don't need to type any name anywhere.   I have been using GSX for several years now and have not come across this problem.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:02:07 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Windows rejects GSX Full Installer
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:28:54 am »
After downloading I would selected "Run As Administrator",  but I get the following message "Windows cannot find C:/users/Socfac800/downloads/gsx_fsx_?.exe'.make sure you typed the name correctly then try again."  I don't understand that message. 

That looks like your antivirus has removed the setup file, because it mistakenly assumed it was a threat. This is obviously a bug, and when the antivirus is defective, you must download and install this way:

- Download and install with the antivirus ENTIRELY DISABLED

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

Cfoley

Re: Windows rejects GSX Full Installer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 05:52:17 am »
I disabled my Norton anti virus as suggested and the GSX Full installer downloaded properly.  What was strange is that usually Norton would have a pop up message informing me it was disabling a download due to a virus risk, but not with the GSX Full installer for some reason, so I did not think it was the anti-virus protection preventing the downloading.   Thank you for the reply and help!  I really enjoy FSDreaTeam's products.