Author Topic: Possible to remove traffic cones?  (Read 6032 times)

Clarke

Possible to remove traffic cones?
« on: September 24, 2015, 03:15:53 pm »
Is it possible to remove the traffic cones with the latest release of GSX? I primary use it with the PMDG 777 which has them already.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Possible to remove traffic cones?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 03:29:51 pm »
You cannot disable yourself, but GSX already have them disabled for some supported airplanes that use cones, like the Aerosoft airbus. We'll just have to add the PMDG 777, so you'll find it in the next Live Update.

In the future, we'll update the aircraft configuration editor to allow you to enable/disable them.

Clarke

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 03:34:28 pm »
Thanks  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 09:24:10 am »
If it is not posible to remove cones, can I remove the cones texture so they will not show up?

No, because the will show up in black. And if you remove the whole object, they won't appear on any airplane.

But, are you still referring to the PMDG 777 ? This thread is one month old and, as I've said, the cones would have been disabled automatically in the next Live Update, and in fact they have, since we had several updates since then.

If, instead, you are referring to another airplane, please tell which one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 04:54:23 pm »
I am referring to all airplanes, because most of the times the Baggage Train or the Fuel Car, pass over them

As explained many times on the forum, GSX objects don't have any knowledge of the outside world (but we are working on this for future versions), so they might pass through each other. No, it doesn't happen "most of the times". If you think it happens too much, please provide a reproducible case, indicating all the following:

- The airport used

- The airplane used

- The gate used

- The GSX operation selected.

So we can check.

However, it's usually possible to adjust this by changing the vehicles starting positions with the parking customization editor, something you might want to do anyway (if you use a scenery that doesn't come with a GSX customization file), to prevent vehicles clashing into the scenery.

NOTE: the traffic cones use the wingtip positions as defined in the GSX editor for the de-icers, but if you use a plane that doesn't have them already defined, the wingtip positions will be based on the aircraft.cfg, and are usually less precise, if not entirely wrong so, if you are using such plane, it might work better if you add the two de-icing points in the GSX editor.

another thing if I use a small airplane the cones looks to big.

We might add a smaller model to be used in smaller planes in a future upgrade.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 11:33:08 am »
This is what I mean by removing Cones, happens in every airport, they get smash by the Baggage Train

Since you are using a plane unsupported by GSX, you must create a configuration for it in GSX before being able to use it so, I assume you already did that, so you know how to use the editor.

In the configuration editor, adjust the de-icing points (even if you don't plan using de-icing on this plane), because they are used to base the position of the cones. Moving in the outer de-icing point should have the cone placed closer to the wingtip, which will fix the conflict with the baggage train.