Author Topic: GSX and UK Airports  (Read 3401 times)

nekeroom

GSX and UK Airports
« on: December 11, 2015, 02:49:14 pm »
Hi , I use GSX with a lot of Gary Summers UK airports and aircraft do not lign up correctly. If I use ATC and follow the path to a gate eg Newcastle gate 13  when I arrive and call for GSX services I get the option to go to a gate . If I go to gate 13 the aircraft then ends up away from the correct area ( sometimes behind fencing ) and I can then board etc. Is there a problem with the UK2000 scenery , GSX , I also use Traffic 360 but have removed the location in there as I thought that was causing the problem. Any help appreciated. I have attched files showing aircraft when located at ATC gate and I try to select GSX ( i asks for gate to move to ) then after I move it to the same gate as identified by GSX . When I check at the airport after I have used GSX to move the aircraft I find it is using the AFCAD file for the default scenery and not the UK2000 add on . ie it is using Area0501/scenery\APX47120.bgl and not the AFCAD file in the UK2000 scenery , any idea why please . ( This seems to sppy when using any uk2000 addons )
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:23:09 pm by nekeroom »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and UK Airports
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 05:00:03 pm »
When I check at the airport after I have used GSX to move the aircraft I find it is using the AFCAD file for the default scenery and not the UK2000 add on . ie it is using Area0501/scenery\APX47120.bgl and not the AFCAD file in the UK2000 scenery , any idea why please . ( This seems to sppy when using any uk2000 addons )

First, try to force a cache rebuild, by removing the following folders:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl
%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes

And see if GSX will then use the correct file (after waiting for the cache to be rebuilt).

It the AFCAD is still not used, assuming the cache has been rebuilt correctly and with no errors, you might then check in the Couatl.LOG under %APPDATA%\Virtuali (you must enable logging in GSX), to see if the AFCAD has been rejected for some reason.

nekeroom

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 11:42:22 am »
Can you please advise on where I find these files thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 03:40:00 pm »
My previous message has all the information you need about the location of the files.