Author Topic: Lost GSX Access **SOLVED**  (Read 4884 times)

Look2TheSky2

Lost GSX Access **SOLVED**
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:03:32 am »
For some reason, after having updated RAAS (Locked) for the Airbus Extended (not suggesting it's related, but coincidence?), I seem to have lost access to GSX in my FSX installation.

CTRL-F12 does not pull up the menu nor is their the normal COUTL menu in the addons pull down, so I can't access this way either.

I have virtuali Addon Manager accessible, and when I select FSDreamTeam>GSX it indicated the product as being active.

What do I need to do to regain access?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:41:37 pm by virtuali »

Phantom Flyer

Re: Lost GSX Access
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 05:25:42 am »
I had the same problem GSX disappear from the top menu and couldn't use the ctrl + F12. All I did reinstall GSX full version then the standalone vehicles and then the add-on manager. Everything came back. No sure what causing this problem.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:27:32 am by Phantom Flyer »
Ray Lang

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 10:32:29 am »
All I did reinstall GSX full version then the standalone vehicles and then the add-on manager.

Installing the Addon Manager after GSX is totally redundant, since it comes with exactly the same set of files, except GSX vehicles/sounds/textures, etc.

cirurgiao

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 08:39:29 pm »
I installed GSX (with admin right) and it was working marvelously. Then in the last 2 days happens the following:
FSX open, acft / world / time everything ok. Add-ons shows Couatl + Addon Manager. Opening Couatl I can update / settings. Then I go back to FSX and click CTRL+F12. It opens GSX options. I choose one of them (any) it Couatl just disapears from Add-ons. Add-on Manager is still there but GSX no more. I uninstalled GSX (but didn't uninstall Addon Manager or Couatl engine though when warned). Help please. Tks
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 08:45:18 pm by cirurgiao »
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 10:17:09 pm »
Whenever you have an error, you should always check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, to see if you have a Couatl.err file.

AUZ087

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 09:02:34 am »
Hi, Im having exactly the same problems for last couple of days.
Pushing shift F12 or ctl shhift f12 not bringing up the menu
In FSX if i go addons - couatl settings show youcontrol menu and click that, nothing happens.
I tried changing the key configurations around tab f12 and things and restart couatl, still no response.

I used Revo uninstall pro, uninstalled and reinstalled, everything seemed to install fine, but again, cant bring up the menu.

I checked the above suggestion to find .err file. Yes there is one.
I opened with notepad and this is the result

couatl v3.0 (build 3161)
panic log started on Sun Sep 20 12:19:30 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon

Any suggestions please

Thanks
AUZ087

ps- I ran the live update from within fsx - then got this error popup and no more couatl on the fsx menu
http://s21.postimg.org/cs31w3407/liveupdate.jpg
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:08:08 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 11:14:43 am »
I used Revo uninstall pro, uninstalled and reinstalled, everything seemed to install fine, but again, cant bring up the menu.

couatl v3.0 (build 3161)
panic log started on Sun Sep 20 12:19:30 2015

Please DO NOT use use 3rd party "uninstallers", because they are DANGEROUS. They cannot possibly know what OUR (proper) uninstaller does when uninstalling, and they cannot possibly know that our Live Update would have updated files entirely outside the installation routine so, they WILL cause problems.

Our uninstaller properly uninstalls everything that needs to be uninstalled, no need to use anything else.

In fact, you are using an outdated version of Couatl.exe, which is NOT POSSIBLE to get "by mistake", if you just run our installer, which always *downloads* the very latest version from the internet. Your Uninstaller has probably mixed up old and new files, and this is surely causing problems.

- Do not use any 3rd party uninstaller.

- Install GSX ONLY with the latest FULL INSTALLER.

If you want to do a CLEAN uninstall/reinstall, do as follows:

- Uninstall GSX, reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and YES to the question "Do you remove the Couatl scripting engine ?"

- Remove the following folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali
%PROGRAMDATA\Virtuali\Couatl

Check your FSX\fsdreamteam folder and be sure there's no "Couatl" folder left there. If there is one, REMOVE IT.

- Download and install the latest GSX full installer from our site. Don't use an older installer you might have downloaded in the past

- Turn OFF your antivirus, entirely.

- Reinstall normally.

- BEFORE starting FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

AUZ087

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 07:19:46 pm »
Many thanks virtuali  ;D
That seemed to knock the Gremlin out.
Works like a charm after your uninstall instructions and reinstall

Safe Skys
AUZ087